GForce2 video card programming with HLA ?
Author Message
 GForce2 video card programming with HLA ?

Hi All,

Can I use HLA to program my video card ?

I need to use HLA to do things like set
the video mode, draw lines and pixels, access
the cards memory etc.

After I learn HLA, What additional information
will I need to program my video card ?

Should/Can I use DirectX or OpenGL from HLA ?
If so how/where can I get doc's on how to do stuff like that ?

Or should I try to program the NVIDIA chip directly using its
BIOS ?

Where can I find doc's for this kind of stuff ?

Is there any advantages in programming video using HLA/assembly
Or should I just use C++ and DirectX ?

Thank you,

I'm new to HLA and assembly

Thanks,

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:55:53 GMT
 GForce2 video card programming with HLA ?
Hi All,

Can I use HLA to program my video card ?

I need to use HLA to do things like set
the video mode, draw lines and pixels, access
the cards memory etc.

After I learn HLA, What additional information
will I need to program my video card ?

Should/Can I use DirectX or OpenGL from HLA ?
If so how/where can I get doc's on how to do stuff like that ?

Or should I try to program the NVIDIA chip directly using its
BIOS ?

Where can I find doc's for this kind of stuff ?

Is there any advantages in programming video using HLA/assembly
Or should I just use C++ and DirectX ?

Thank you,

I'm new to HLA and assembly

Thanks,

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:55:54 GMT
 GForce2 video card programming with HLA ?
See my reply in alt.lang.asm
Randy Hyde
Quote:

>Hi All,

>Can I use HLA to program my video card ?

>I need to use HLA to do things like set
>the video mode, draw lines and pixels, access
>the cards memory etc.

>After I learn HLA, What additional information
>will I need to program my video card ?

>Should/Can I use DirectX or OpenGL from HLA ?
>If so how/where can I get doc's on how to do stuff like that ?

>Or should I try to program the NVIDIA chip directly using its
>BIOS ?

>Where can I find doc's for this kind of stuff ?

>Is there any advantages in programming video using HLA/assembly
>Or should I just use C++ and DirectX ?

>Thank you,

>I'm new to HLA and assembly

>Thanks,

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:56:14 GMT

1. GForce2 Video card programming with HLA ?

2. PCI Video Cards and ISA Video Cards

3. PCI Video Cards and ISA Video Cards

4. Programming VGA VIDEO CARD

5. Video Card Programming

6. Programming Vga video card

7. Programming the Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM video card (S3 Vision 964)

8. Writing Compact HLA Programs (Taking Complete Control in HLA)

9. video card problems

10. Problems with video cards with Win95

11. ATI Mach64 Video Cards

12. 25x132 columns with any video card ?