Flat Real Mode Stack and 32-bit Code Segment Issues
Author Message
 Flat Real Mode Stack and 32-bit Code Segment Issues

I have a question here...

If I engage FRM on my processor (Thanks to Herman for showing me how
to PROPERLY engage it -- it works now), and I set SS to a 32-bit data
segment, instead of a 16-bit segment, will the default stack word size
(versus the default operand or addressing size) switch to 32-bits?
AND, should an interrupt occur, will a 32-bit EIP be pushed instead of
a 16-bit EIP (with the upper 16-bits set to zeros)??

Also, if I switch CS to use a 32-bit code segment, will the interrupt
table use six bytes per interrupt entry (CS:EIP), or will it stick
with the 32-bit per entry format (CS:IP)?

Thanks.

Wed, 03 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. 32 bit Flat segment

2. Bin code for mov al,byte ptr[ds:edx]...32-bit addr/real mode

3. TASM and far jumps from 16-bit segment to 32-bit segment

4. REAL Flat 32-bt Protected mode!

5. REAL Flat 32-bt Protected mode!

6. 32 bit flat mode- info req

7. 32 bit application in real mode???

8. 32-bit Real Mode questions

9. MOV with 32-bit registers in Real Mode

10. Jumping to 32-bit offset in real mode

11. real mode segmented memory issue

12. 32-bit addr in 16-bit segments - help!!!