ASM to test Perfect Number
Author Message
 ASM to test Perfect Number

Hi,there,
Any one knows how to test perfect numbers and prime numbers using ASM
program ?

Thanks,

Sat, 05 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ASM to test Perfect Number

Quote:

> Any one knows how to test perfect numbers and prime numbers using ASM
> program ?

  You should decide what method you want to use first and then attack
the question of how to do it in ASM.  The method question is a number
theory question, not a programming question and certainly not an ASM
question, so there are much better places to ask.

  I assume you are looking for even perfect numbers (odd perfect
numbers probably don't exist, though that hasn't been proven).

  If you don't know yet, an even perfect number is any number:
(In C-like notation)

( 1 << (P - 1) ) * ( (1 << P) - 1)

where ( (1 << P) - 1 ) is prime.  (P also must be prime, or (1<<P)-1
couldn't be prime).

Some very powerful methods have been invented for testing whether
(1<<P)-1 is prime.  Straight forward methods, like testing all
possible divisors up to the square root, are useless once P is
large enough to be interesting.
--
http://www.erols.com/johnfine/
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/8600/

Sat, 05 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. New user need help with perfect numbers.

2. Perfect Numbers

3. Perfect Numbers

4. Finding perfect numbers

5. Perfect Number

6. Perfect Numbers, Complexity

7. Yet another perfect number program

8. Yet another perfect number program

9. perfect numbers

10. I NEED ASM LONG NUMBER ALGORITHMS!!!!

11. LOOKING FOR ASM LONG NUMBER ALGORITHMS.

12. random numbers in asm