More Intel Appendix H secrets to be released (4M Pages)
Author Message
 More Intel Appendix H secrets to be released (4M Pages)

Quote:

>-- Intel Secrets -- What Intel Doesn't Want You to Know --

>Now that Intel's Virtual Mode Extensions have been liberated from their
>coffin in Appendix H, I'm ready to liberate another Appendix H topic:
>4M Pages.

If you want to see the _real_ stuff, you can take a look at any recent
linux kernel.  The linux-1.3.x series of kernels (from x >= 15 or so)
use the 4MB page table feature automatically.  This is real code that
has seen real use (and which you can take a real look at)..

And no, I never signed any NDA: the details may be hidden away in some
Appendix H, but the actual working of the chip was easy to guess at with
only minimal trial-and-error from the hints given in any Pentium
reference manual.  It does work, and it does help performance somewhat.

                Linus

Sat, 16 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Intel Secrets: PVI to be liberated from Appendix H

2. P6 OpCode descriptions on Intel Secrets home page able

3. Intel Secrets home page announcement

4. Subject: Undocumented Intel / Secrets home page

5. Intel Secrets -- What Intel Doesn't Want You To Know

6. Intel Secrets -- What Intel Doesn't Want You To Know

7. Intel Secrets -- What Intel Doesn't Want You To Know

8. Appendix.pdf - Appendix.pdf (0/6)

9. tcl/tk man pages use .HS, not .TH for title, so man -k does not work

10. I am looking for people proficient in writing in Labview secret clearance and RF background

11. intel secret?

12. Pentium / Intel secrets