HELP! Where to go for info on FPU instructons, timings and stuff like that...
Author Message
 HELP! Where to go for info on FPU instructons, timings and stuff like that...

I need to find some doc about all/most FPU instructions and their
properties. I looked through ftp.luth.se, x2ftp.oulu.fi and
ftp.arosnet.se but came up with nothing. Could YOU please help me?

matti

p.s. answers through email also wouldnt be that bad...

Sun, 16 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP! Where to go for info on FPU instructons, timings and stuff like that...

Quote:
> I need to find some doc about all/most FPU instructions and
their
> properties. I looked through ftp.luth.se, x2ftp.oulu.fi and
> ftp.arosnet.se but came up with nothing. Could YOU please help
me?

> matti

> p.s. answers through email also wouldnt be that bad...

You can download programming manuals for Intel processors (which
include the fpu instructions) at http://developer.intel.com.
Note no "www" in the URL.

Jack

Mon, 17 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP! Where to go for info on FPU instructons, timings and stuff like that...

Quote:

> I need to find some doc about all/most FPU instructions and their
> properties. I looked through ftp.luth.se, x2ftp.oulu.fi and
> ftp.arosnet.se but came up with nothing. Could YOU please help me?

> matti

> p.s. answers through email also wouldnt be that bad...

Yes, http://developer.intel.com/  is a good place to go.

A faster way to find links to stuff on developer.intel is to go to
Robert Collins' page (Intel Secrets Homepage) at
http://www.x86.org/

go to "Intel data sheets and programming manuals", at the bottom of the
front page, then get a nice Pentium document.  Remember to get Adobe
Acrobat 3.0 to read these newer-type PDF files.

then visit my site!
www.anandtech.com/vzzrzzn/
for programming info, pentium optimization, grafix, protected mode

- Vzzrzzn

Tue, 18 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help request 4 info on aux: and related stuff

2. simple FPU stuff wont assemble under NASM

3. FPU timing

4. simple FPU stuff wont assemble under NASM

5. MMX, FPU timings, Scheduling and hidden parts

6. FPU STUFF (CONVERTING FROM REAL TO INTS)

7. Who likes Info files?

8. Need help with timing statistics and timing details function

9. Timing and stuff.

10. Looking for info on IVR stuff

11. FAQ INFO & stuff

12. WTD: Info on instruction timings