communications/16550 source wanted
Author Message
 communications/16550 source wanted

I am currently building a ppp implementation from scratch.
(A86/IBMPC Compatible)

I am using some old code to handle the serial port.  (1200/2400 baud)
This is adequate for initial testing but I will soon require to run my
14400 modem at full speed.

Can anyone point me in the direction of asm code/Info for setting up and
running interupt driven comms using 16550 UART to best advantage?

I have some data on 16550 UART registers and so I could eventualy get it
done, but I would like to use the time on the ppp routines.

--
Eddie Shave

Fri, 15 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 communications/16550 source wanted
: Can anyone point me in the direction of asm code/Info for setting up and
: running interupt driven comms using 16550 UART to best advantage?

Look for the 'Serial Port' FAQ.  I think it has what you want.

--

DIBs Electronic Design          | Home page "http://www.psyber.com/~tcj/"
Voice :       (916) 722-3877    | Hands-on hardware and software

Fri, 15 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 communications/16550 source wanted

Quote:

> : Can anyone point me in the direction of asm code/Info for setting up and
> : running interupt driven comms using 16550 UART to best advantage?

> Look for the 'Serial Port' FAQ.  I think it has what you want.

You could also take a look at this Pascal demo (should be easy
translating it into assembler):

http://www.muc.de/~stephanm/terminalprg.html

Stephan

Mon, 18 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. A problem with interfacing with UART 16550

2. 16550 register compatible UART

3. 16550 UART Model

4. synthesizable 16550 Verilog model

5. 16550 UART

6. 16550 Model

7. 16550 fifo

8. 16550 FIFO register

9. 16550 UARTS: 8251 compatible?

10. 16550 uart

11. Detecting 8250 versus 16550 com port

12. 16550 UARTs