16550 fifo
Author Message
 16550 fifo

hi,

    I'm working an embedded board and every now and then when I reset
the board and initialize the serial port on the 16550 the receiver jams;
no data comes in.  I found out that if I turn off the fifo and then turn
it back on it unjams and received data starts coming in again.  Does
anyone know the cause of this problem, or how to resolve it?  I'm
thinking it may have something to do with data coming in while the fifo
is being turned on (we have full duplex communications and heartbeats
are being sent by the other end while I reboot), but I really don't
know.

Thanks for any help,

David

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 22:56:04 GMT

1. 16550 FIFO register

2. A problem with interfacing with UART 16550

3. 16550 register compatible UART

4. 16550 UART Model

5. synthesizable 16550 Verilog model

6. 16550 UART

7. 16550 Model

8. 16550 UARTS: 8251 compatible?

9. 16550 uart

10. Detecting 8250 versus 16550 com port

11. communications/16550 source wanted

12. 16550 UARTs