Genuine on topic Post: do you want to build a pentium OS in ASM?
Author Message
 Genuine on topic Post: do you want to build a pentium OS in ASM?

Hi I am looking for some co-conspirators to develop some interesting approaches to an operating system for
(Pentiums). I have a fairly good background in assembler, and am expert with TPascal, I can converse/trade code
in C, C++(real weak), fortran(rather rusty), and JAVA.

I would like to get a basic Kernal running, support a basic selection of generic PC hardware, and support a
JAVA VM. A friend of mine is working on a Hardware device that is quite interesting and entirely up to him to
expose. The purpose of all this is to design an OS that actually uses presently available hardware and does not
think that the world will never change :)

1. We are OLD SCHOOL hackers, and baby boomers, we are also not broke.
2. The OS will be freely shared with the world, The source code would only be made available to those who
wished to support our efforts (Web Site, FTP Disks, CDs, Manuals, ETC)
3. Backwards compatability is a moot point
4. Full use of the *documented ;)* features of the pentium, and "P6" is a primary design goal.

Please reply to the E-mail address, PGP is available on request.

Robert Young

Fax:(208) 882 2262 (USA)
I prosecute {*filter*} (if you don't know what {*filter*} is don't flame me).
Sending me Junk E-Mail is a violation of my state laws.(IDAHO, USA)

Sat, 28 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pentium/Pentium II asm ?

2. Pentium classic, Pentium MMX, Pentium Pro, ... (asm) INSTRUCTION SET wanted

3. Pentium classic, Pentium MMX, Pentium Pro, ... (asm) INSTRUCTION SET wanted

4. Doing bit-wise logical operations in the Pentium and PPro floating point units

5. Cross post from topic.general

6. An off topic post.

7. Gap analysis - (off topic post)

8. Doing POST opperations from Python

9. ASM for Pentium 166 mmx (Another newbie who needs help)

10. ASM for Pentium and new tech....

11. Optimizing Pentium ASM

12. Pentium ASM book recommendations?