HELP!!! I need help with the keyboard INT
Author Message
 HELP!!! I need help with the keyboard INT

i want to be able to get a keyboard response, but all i can do is get
one character input please e-me if you can help, thanx

Fri, 10 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!!! I need help with the keyboard INT

Quote:
> i want to be able to get a keyboard response, but all i can do is get
> one character input please e-me if you can help, thanx

Hi Chad.

Try reading a bit about the Int 9, you should get a lot of tips from
there. I made a little program that might give you some directions
without using the Int 9 though, it's a tiny little program taking input
from the commandline, hope it helps.

-------Start.
cseg    segment byte public 'code'  ; establish the segments we need
           assume cs:cseg
           org 100h                               ; COM image entry
point
           assume es:nothing, ss:nothing, ds:cseg

echo:
           mov si, 80h         ; bytes in string
           mov cx, [si]         ; initialize counter to read all bytes
           xor ch, ch            ; clear high byte of counter
           jcxz done            ; we're done, or we have no command
string
           mov dx, 81h        ; get string
           call stdout           ; write a byte to the screen
           mov ah, 2           ; send break-line and line feed to
Standard Output
           mov dl, 0Dh
           int 21h
           mov dl, 0Ah
           int 21h

done:
           mov ax, 4c00h     ; terminate without errors
           int 21h

stdout:
           mov bx, 1           ; use screen as handle, output to screen
           mov ah, 40h        ; write byte
           int 21h                ; call DOS service
           ret                      ; return to caller

cseg    ends
           end    start

------End

If you need more examples or have problems with this, please let me
know.

Ken V. Nordberg
College of Computer Engineering, Tromso/Norway
http://samson.stud.ingok.hitos.no/~kenvn/

Sat, 11 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!!! I need help with the keyboard INT

Quote:
> i want to be able to get a keyboard response, but all i can do is get
> one character input please e-me if you can help, thanx

> i want to be able to get a keyboard response, but all i can do is get
> one character input please e-me if you can help, thanx

In the old days I have heard, there was no multtplying instruction, just an
add instruction which you used in a loop to get the effect of multiplying.
Aply this here and you can do string characters. Or you can use Dos
interupt 21H, to input a ' $' terminating string.

Thu, 23 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP!!! I need help with keyboard INT

2. Please help with keyboard in int 1c

3. Help with DOS Int 09 Keyboard ISR (Homegrown) for Security

4. Help? Overriding Keyboard Int 09 in TASM (Dos)

5. Help with DOS Int 09 Keyboard ISR (Homegrown) for Security

7. I need help on reading sectors using int 13 function 02h

8. need help with keyboard hook

9. Hardware keyboard handling... help needed

10. keyboard handler,... need a little help

11. INT 21h - need help

12. CD-ROM and Keyboard led help needed