Virus problem
Author Message
 Virus problem

Hi there.

My computer is infected with the virus PIECK.4444.A or KACZOR.
A boot-and-file virus.
The virus infects files on diskettes when they are run, by hooking
the interrupts 13 and 21.
I have tried many anti-virus programs, but they can do nothing.
How can I restore the interrupts pointers to its normal value?
And how can I remove the virus from memory?

David

Sat, 14 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Virus problem

Quote:

>Hi there.

>My computer is infected with the virus PIECK.4444.A or KACZOR.
>A boot-and-file virus.
>The virus infects files on diskettes when they are run, by hooking
>the interrupts 13 and 21.
>I have tried many anti-virus programs, but they can do nothing.
>How can I restore the interrupts pointers to its normal value?
>And how can I remove the virus from memory?

>David

David,

I don't know anything about this virus, but if I were you I would do the
following:

1.  boot the machine from a clean system disk
2.  run a sys c: command to clear the master boot record
3.  delete any EXEs that you know to be infected.  since you are posting to
comp.lang.asm.x86 i am guessing that you have enough technical savvy to
recognize the virus signature in the EXE files.  perhaps you could even
automate the process by writing a program that scans all the EXEs on your hard
drive and removes those that are infected.
4.  reboot and you should be fine

Good luck.

Rob

Sat, 14 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Virus problem

Quote:

> Hi there.

> My computer is infected with the virus PIECK.4444.A or KACZOR.
> A boot-and-file virus.
> The virus infects files on diskettes when they are run, by hooking
> the interrupts 13 and 21.
> I have tried many anti-virus programs, but they can do nothing.
> How can I restore the interrupts pointers to its normal value?
> And how can I remove the virus from memory?

> David

I'm sorry. I have made a mistake.
My name is David Ouderdorp. Not Naomi.
So don't mail to her.

David

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Virus problem
.

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. *WARNING - groups.google.com virus problem*

2. Virus problem

3. Virus problem

4. Virus Problem

5. uploaded files to webservers -- virus problem?

6. Serious virus problems

7. Win32.Magistr virus problem: NEED HELP!

8. virus problem - desktop.ini & folder.htt found in every directory

9. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

11. bugabear virus and sweetadeline1 w32KlezEremovaltools virus

12. Virus/Test Virus wanted!