Hard disk I/O the hard way
Author Message
 Hard disk I/O the hard way

Hi.

Is there any Internet resource (web page, etc.) that contains
information on accessing hard disks via direct port I/O? I've tried
using search engines, but they did not give any useful results.

Thanks!

--

* The fake e-mail address above was generated by from-randomizer 1.2 *
* surf:   http://www.*-*-*.com/ #from-randomizer *

Chia Tee-Kiah * iopl3 at iname dot com * http://www.*-*-*.com/
PGP: 1024/89d8686d  0f f4 b4 d9 2e 12 c7 b2  1a 85 bc 12 8f 54 77 f1

Wed, 01 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Hard disk I/O the hard way

You may also wish to use Intel's book on microprocessors,
I don't remember it's exact name right now.
The information , that you may be interested, related to ST502
standard for HDD controllers - it's relative old, but supported by most
non-SCSI controllers.
Some information you may found at WinNT DDK too.

Quote:

>Hi.

>Is there any Internet resource (web page, etc.) that contains
>information on accessing hard disks via direct port I/O? I've tried
>using search engines, but they did not give any useful results.

>Thanks!

>--

>* The fake e-mail address above was generated by from-randomizer 1.2 *
>* surf:  http://teekiah.home.ml.org/hr.cauldron.html#from-randomizer *

>Chia Tee-Kiah * iopl3 at iname dot com * http://teekiah.home.ml.org/
>PGP: 1024/89d8686d  0f f4 b4 d9 2e 12 c7 b2  1a 85 bc 12 8f 54 77 f1

Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hard disk problems - Hard ones :))

2. HArd disk size?

3. How can I find the Hard disk Info

4. code to read hard disk serial number

5. Hard Disk Serial Number

6. How to get serial nuber of Hard Disk

7. Read HARD DISK ID or serial number

8. Hard Disk Search Tool lotus magellin

9. Hard Disk Search Tool

10. Quickest way to kill Hard Disk Partitions

11. "Hard Disk Surfer" Demo Available

12. New File/Hard disk functions