PC parallel port interrupt driven
Author Message
 PC parallel port interrupt driven

Help!

I'm searching some informations for setting up and handling the PC parallel
port in an interrupt driven fashion.

Someone knows where I can find some source code?

                                Thanks in advance, Matteo

Sun, 23 Mar 1997 19:30:47 GMT
 PC parallel port interrupt driven

Quote:
>I'm searching some informations for setting up and handling the PC parallel
>port in an interrupt driven fashion.

The parralel printer port has an interupt but it has to be turned on in two
places:
You have to set bit 4 of your printer control byte and you have to enable
interupt level 7.

The contol byte can be found by looking up your printer-port addres at 0:408h
and adding 2.

The interupt levels can be disabled by clearing bit 7 at port 21h

If this has be done you can create an interupt (15) by changing the acknowledge
pin (pin 11 I believe ) from zero volts to 5 volts.

Greetings Frank.

If this doesn't work I like to hear about it.

Fri, 28 Mar 1997 22:54:45 GMT

1. Driving stepper motor via parallel port

2. Driving serial (and parallel) ports directly from COBOL

3. To read data from parallel port with interrupt

4. interrupts and parallel port!

5. Interrupt through parallel port

6. capturing parallel port interrupt?

7. Interrupt through parallel port

8. parallel port in GNAT-DOS with MsDos interrupt

9. parallel port in DJGPP with MsDos interrupt

10. Reading from PC parallel port (was RE: this is probably wring group)

11. interfacing from fortran to a parallel port on a pc

12. PC Parallel Port