Looking for Protected Mode info.
Author Message
 Looking for Protected Mode info.

Hello... If anyone has some good raw Protected Mode 386+ texts, links, book
titles, etc. Could you send them my way? It would be appreciated, Thanks.

P.S. If anyone has the book:
"I386/I486 Advanced Programming : Real Mode, Protected Mode, Virtual 8086
Mode" by Sen-Cuo Ro, Sheau-Chuen Her, Hardcover, Van Nos Re, November 1993
ISBN: 0442013779
And are looking/willing to sell it, could ya let me know :)

Thu, 12 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Protected Mode info.
Try http://developer.intel.com/design/litcentr/index.htm .  In particular, look
for exc_ia.pdf, a 17-page overview of protected mode.  It omits a few
specifics, so for these try the three multiple-hundred-page software
developer's manuals (also PDFs, so be sure to get the Adobe Acrobat reader).
That's about as raw as it gets!  =)

-- Derek

Quote:

> Hello... If anyone has some good raw Protected Mode 386+ texts, links, book
> titles, etc. Could you send them my way? It would be appreciated, Thanks.

> P.S. If anyone has the book:
> "I386/I486 Advanced Programming : Real Mode, Protected Mode, Virtual 8086
> Mode" by Sen-Cuo Ro, Sheau-Chuen Her, Hardcover, Van Nos Re, November 1993
> ISBN: 0442013779
> And are looking/willing to sell it, could ya let me know :)

Thu, 12 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for Protected Mode info.

2. Getting VBE info in protected mode

3. Protected Mode Info?

4. 32bit Protected mode Prog info wanted

5. Protected mode programming info

6. Looking for 386 Protected Mode Forths

7. Looking for books on protected mode

8. Looking for books on protected mode

9. Looking for an OS in assembly protected-mode

10. Still looking for a debugger with protected mode memory dump feature

11. Looking for protected mode code

12. Real Mode vs. Protected Mode