Com port and command with serial port
Author Message
 Com port and command with serial port

I want to use  Port COM 1 or com 2
I want to use DTS or the Ring

My aim : when i activate the Pin for the ring or Data Transfert (DTS), my
file do an action.

My question :Who have an idea to do it ?
Witch command , witch interrup must i run ?
Must i use instruction In and OUT ? witch one ?

How have a file  that do it ?

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 06:56:00 GMT
 Com port and command with serial port
asso.smia schrieb:

Quote:
> My question :Who have an idea to do it ?
> Witch command , witch interrup must i run ?
> Must i use instruction In and OUT ? witch one ?

IN is for reading data from ports, OUT is for writing to them.
You will want to read the memory adress 0040h:0000h and following to get
the port adresses of your com-ports. Other possibilities for using
com-ports are:
- usage of int 14h
- writing to a file names COM1 or COM2 via DOS Int 21h routines

Greetings

Markus

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 23:55:56 GMT
 Com port and command with serial port
If somebody have a solution with // port  it is OK  : i take it

Quote:
> I want to use  Port COM 1 or com 2
> I want to use DTS or the Ring

> My aim : when i activate the Pin for the ring or Data Transfert (DTS), my
> file do an action.

> My question :Who have an idea to do it ?
> Witch command , witch interrup must i run ?
> Must i use instruction In and OUT ? witch one ?

> How have a file  that do it ?

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 04:56:02 GMT
 Com port and command with serial port
Hello!

Did you look at simtel.net already?
Did you do a google.com search on that topic already?

Greetings

Markus

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 20:56:02 GMT

1. ANN: SENDSMS.COM to explore AT command of a serial port modem

2. Port I/O through serial port on sound card

3. Using Serial Port to send mouse actions to remote computers mouse port

4. Parallel Port / Serial Port Programming

5. Any free library to control parallel port and serial port

6. Printing to LPT port or COM port

7. How to make paraller port be a com port

8. newbie : working with INTERRUPTS with SERIAL com port ?

9. Data acquisition via serial port (COM)

10. working with INTERRUPTS with SERIAL com port ?

11. COM (Serial) Port Access in REXX?

12. Using serial Com Port