X-Lock lights, changing - using the Kb controller.
Author Message
 X-Lock lights, changing - using the Kb controller.

Hi,
 does anyone know how to change the status of the num/caps/scroll lock lights
by talking directly to the kb controller, I am aware of the byte at
0x0000:0x0417 but it *seems* that you have to call a dos kb routine to get it
to change the lights.

 Thanks,
   Tom.

Mon, 02 Jun 1997 08:20:30 GMT
 X-Lock lights, changing - using the Kb controller.

Quote:

>Hi,
> does anyone know how to change the status of the num/caps/scroll lock lights
>by talking directly to the kb controller, I am aware of the byte at
>0x0000:0x0417 but it *seems* that you have to call a dos kb routine to get it
>to change the lights.

  I'm interested to know the answer to this also. Does someone know the obscure
ports and values that need to be out'd to make this work?

          -Ben
--

Tue, 03 Jun 1997 11:58:59 GMT
 X-Lock lights, changing - using the Kb controller.

Quote:

>>Hi,
>> does anyone know how to change the status of the num/caps/scroll lock lights
>>by talking directly to the kb controller, I am aware of the byte at
>>0x0000:0x0417 but it *seems* that you have to call a dos kb routine to get it
>>to change the lights.

>  I'm interested to know the answer to this also. Does someone know the obscure
>ports and values that need to be out'd to make this work?

>          -Ben

I have used 0040:0017h to change the num-lock status and it also changed the
light.  I once tried to talk to the keyboard directly, using a handful of
technical reference manuals, it worked well on some on one brand of
keyboard, but hung the machine with another.  An old Compaq (early 386/25,
cannot remember the name of the machine) Technical reference manual was
very well documented.  I bet if you take a name brand keyboard apart, you
can probably get the chip number and get free data sheets from them.

David Welch

Wed, 04 Jun 1997 23:31:02 GMT

1. Setting KB lights locks KB

2. num lock, caps lock, scroll lock lights

3. a traffic light program with lock's (num loack Caps loack and scroll lock)

4. TCL TK program after using XLOCK blocked!

5. Traffic Light Controller

6. dos debug program to toggle num lock light

7. Cannot effect change to controller menu

8. Economical/cheap bicycle light? Re: Bicycle Lighting

9. Economical/cheap bicycle light? Re: Bicycle Lighting

10. lighting Ive done / do you know other (complex) lighting examples

11. Turn the lights of/Light behaviour

12. Bot-kit - having trouble using light sensors