Is there such a thing as a Flash Bios Editor
Author Message
 Is there such a thing as a Flash Bios Editor

I am looking for a program that will allow me to examine all the Flash
memory used to store bios instructions in machines using the Intel Flash
ram. Not just the standard 128bytes as in a Cmos/Bios editor.

Thanks in Advance
Ed

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Is there such a thing as a Flash Bios Editor

Hello there!

I wonder if someone knows a tool/method to change the starup
logo (NEC logo and the logos shown on "suspend to disk") on
my laptop (NEC Versa SX (OEM version)
http://support.neccsdeast.com/notebook/PentiumII/VersaSX/versasxovw.ASP)

It uses an AMI BIOS. The tool HDPREPEZ.EXE puts the pictures into
the flash rom. But I have no idea how the image is encoded.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Christian

              This mail comes from Christian Scheurer
             Homepage: http://www.mountpoint.ch/unique

Tue, 22 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Flash BIOS rewriting and low-level hardware access

2. Flash BIOS modification: Newbie questions

3. Flash BIOS rewriting and low-level hardware access

4. AWARD Flash Bios Programming

5. bios in flash, intermittent extensions boot

6. FLASH BIOS

7. writing to flash BIOS

8. Programming BIOS Flash Roms -- Neat trick!

9. has anyone here ever flashed a bios chip?

10. Linux in Flash BIOS?

11. Things I am wondering...

12. Am I seeing things?...