Pentium & Pentium II spec
Author Message
 Pentium & Pentium II spec

u > Hi,
u >
u > I'm looking for something like specifications for Pentium MMX, Pentium
u > II, AMD K6, AMD K6-2 and eventiually Cyrix.
    visit developer.intel.com for All Intel Brand chips, you might have
    a time getting specifics on the Pentium MMX line, as Intel has stopped
    production on them (from what I'm told).  AMD K6/K62 line, visit
    www.amd.com, and look for their developer sign-up page.  I've visited the
    developer pages, but haven't really gone in-depth on their chips, as
    I'm also an Authorized AMD Reseller, and as such AMD goes head over
    heals helping their resellers.  One such helpful jewel is this 1" book
    nicely printed that contains the data sheet for the K6-2 chip, all
    instructions the chip supports (including MMX and 3D-Now), Timing Cycles,
    and setup instructions (voltage, etc.).  You can check Cyrix's site, but
    I don't rember ever getting any major support for Cyrix.  Intel,
    incidently, will ship you a CD-ROM every quarter if you sign-up (free)
    with their entire developer web-site.  Though personally I think they
    could have made it a bit easier to navigate, not to mention for having
    the web-page on the CD-ROM, darn near every page I pull up wants to
    connect to the internet anyway to retrieve links from their web-page.

u > What I really need to see is description of all the instructions (and
u > their timing, I mean how long do they take to execute), registers, etc.
u > And also information about their implementation - pipelines etc,
u > information about optimizing technics - I'm interested to know if a good
u > optimization for Pentium will work good on K6, etc.
u >
u >
u > If someone know where I can find such specs, please mail me!
    I don't think you want someone to e-mail every one of the pdf files for
    Pentium II, Pentium, Pentium Pro, AMD K6, AMD K6-2, etc...

___ Mountain Reader - 1.3

Quote:
>> Slipstream Jet - The QWK solution for Usenets #RFMAKRRY

Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pentium & Pentium II spec
u > Hi,
u >
u > I'm looking for something like specifications for Pentium MMX, Pentium
u > II, AMD K6, AMD K6-2 and eventiually Cyrix.
    visit developer.intel.com for All Intel Brand chips, you might have
    a time getting specifics on the Pentium MMX line, as Intel has stopped
    production on them (from what I'm told).  AMD K6/K62 line, visit
    www.amd.com, and look for their developer sign-up page.  I've visited the
    developer pages, but haven't really gone in-depth on their chips, as
    I'm also an Authorized AMD Reseller, and as such AMD goes head over
    heals helping their resellers.  One such helpful jewel is this 1" book
    nicely printed that contains the data sheet for the K6-2 chip, all
    instructions the chip supports (including MMX and 3D-Now), Timing Cycles,
    and setup instructions (voltage, etc.).  You can check Cyrix's site, but
    I don't rember ever getting any major support for Cyrix.  Intel,
    incidently, will ship you a CD-ROM every quarter if you sign-up (free)
    with their entire developer web-site.  Though personally I think they
    could have made it a bit easier to navigate, not to mention for having
    the web-page on the CD-ROM, darn near every page I pull up wants to
    connect to the internet anyway to retrieve links from their web-page.

u > What I really need to see is description of all the instructions (and
u > their timing, I mean how long do they take to execute), registers, etc.
u > And also information about their implementation - pipelines etc,
u > information about optimizing technics - I'm interested to know if a good
u > optimization for Pentium will work good on K6, etc.
u >
u >
u > If someone know where I can find such specs, please mail me!
    I don't think you want someone to e-mail every one of the pdf files for
    Pentium II, Pentium, Pentium Pro, AMD K6, AMD K6-2, etc...

___ Mountain Reader - 1.3

Quote:
>> Slipstream Jet - The QWK solution for Usenets #RFMAKRRY

Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pentium & Pentium II spec
Thanx to everybody. My main problem is that Intel's pages (Microsoft's
ones too) are almost unreachable most of the time during non-weekend
days, so I decided to ask here...

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pentium & Pentium II spec

You should not be so easily discouraged.  You will not beat the Intel sites for
quality of documentation on the full x86 gamut.

Your post looks like it occured at a time of about 13:30 GMT which is a bit
before sunrise on U.S. west coast.  That time, if it is simillar to when you
attempt the Intel links should be very good.

Your problem may be somewhere in the net elsewhere than at the link
destination.  For example, that same time is probably prime time on your
continent. There is probably much traffic at your end then (especially
commercial traffic).

Keep trying the Intel sites, it will be worth it.  Vary your times.

Consult
 http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/tzones.html

if you and others at "Organization: University Of Militarization, Red Valley,
Mars" do not know the time zone maps by heart (I know I don't).

Best of luck.

Robert Rayhawk

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pentium & Pentium II specs

2. Pentium Pro & Pentium II instruction decomposition (uops)

3. Comparative perf of Pentium/Pentium II under J?

4. Pentium/Pentium II asm ?

5. FORTRAN on dual CPU Pentium II or Pentium III

6. Pentium II vs. Pentium Pro

7. Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II

8. Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II

9. Clipper & Pentium II

10. Clipper & Pentium II

11. Pentium 3 vs Pentium 4 benchmarks

12. RDTSC on Pentium and Pentium Pro for Timing Accuracy