HLA v1.33 is now available on Webster
Author Message
 HLA v1.33 is now available on Webster

HLA v1.33 (the High Level Assembler) is now
available on Webster.  This version includes lots
of bug fixes and additional features beyond v1.32.
I've also updated "The Art of Assembly Language
Programming" on Webster to reflect these changes.
Check out the new version of HLA at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ .
Randy Hyde

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 03:56:08 GMT
 HLA v1.33 is now available on Webster

Quote:

> HLA v1.33 (the High Level Assembler) is now
> available on Webster.  This version includes lots
> of bug fixes and additional features beyond v1.32.
> I've also updated "The Art of Assembly Language
> Programming" on Webster to reflect these changes.
> Check out the new version of HLA at
> http://webster.cs.ucr.edu.
> Randy Hyde

Fantastic work! Do you ever sleep?

There's an "oddity" about this page that I've noticed. The various
blocks that *look* like links - to me, they're orange with blue text -
aren't "clickable" (they just appear as text), until I get down to the
very last one - the "job resources" page (a great idea!) - *that* one I
can click on!

Looking at the source for the page, the difference seems to be that the
last link lacks the <span></span> tags that occur after the previous
links.

I suspect that the "problem" may be that I'm using an antique version of
Netscape (4.76), and the solution is "upgrade". I thought I'd mention it
anyway - if other people are seeing this the same way, it might be worth
changing...

Thanks for all you do - the asm community would be much poorer without
your contributions!

Best,
Frank

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 07:56:07 GMT
 HLA v1.33 is now available on Webster

Quote:

>> HLA v1.33 (the High Level Assembler) is now
>> available on Webster.  This version includes lots
>> of bug fixes and additional features beyond v1.32.
>> I've also updated "The Art of Assembly Language
>> Programming" on Webster to reflect these changes.
>> Check out the new version of HLA at
>> http://webster.cs.ucr.edu.
>> Randy Hyde

>Fantastic work! Do you ever sleep?

No, but do to the economic slowdown, I've not had
as much work recently, so I've had lots of time
to work on HLA (this better change soon, though,
or I'll run out of money!).

Quote:

>There's an "oddity" about this page that I've noticed. The various
>blocks that *look* like links - to me, they're orange with blue text -
>aren't "clickable" (they just appear as text), until I get down to the
>very last one - the "job resources" page (a great idea!) - *that* one I
>can click on!

I noticed this too, when testing the page under Linux.
Thought it was just the crappy version of Netscape that
came with Linux (works fine with Netscape on my Mac and PC).

Quote:
>Looking at the source for the page, the difference seems to be that the
>last link lacks the <span></span> tags that occur after the previous
>links.

I may have gotten myself into trouble on this one.
A few versions back (of Webster) I went in and "Optimized"
the HTML file for the main page by manually messing with the
raw HTML (I use Adobe GoLive 4.0 to generate Webster) to
remove the excess junk that GoLive insists on inserting.
This may have led to the problem you're experiencing.
Since I can recreate this on my Linux box, I'll look into correcting
this.

Quote:
>I suspect that the "problem" may be that I'm using an antique version of
>Netscape (4.76), and the solution is "upgrade". I thought I'd mention it
>anyway - if other people are seeing this the same way, it might be worth
>changing...

Definitely it's worth changing if someone besides my Linux
box is seeing the problem.

Quote:
>Thanks for all you do - the asm community would be much poorer without
>your contributions!

You're welcome.
Randy Hyde

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 04:56:05 GMT

1. Shawn Bullock's HLA v1.33 Installer Now Available

2. HLA v1.33 is now available

3. Shawn Bullock's HLA v1.33 Installer is now available

4. HLA v1.52 Is Now Available on Webster

5. HLA v1.47 is available on Webster

6. HLA v1.46 is now available on Webster

7. HLA v1.41 is now available on Webster

8. HLA v1.49 is now available on Webster

9. HLA v1.48 is up on Webster

10. HLA v1.34->HLA v1.35

11. PMODE/W v1.33 Released

12. HLA v1.45 Is Now Available