looking for the best debugger
Author Message
 looking for the best debugger

in your humble opinion, which is the best de{*filter*} you have
ever seen?
I'm looking for one that:
     - Requires little memory
     - Works under DOS
     - It's powerful

     - And more stupid things (like if it runs in a 286 -> I own one!!!!
I'm working with that machine every hour, every day).

And more things.

Send your opinion and why. And where can we get then.
I think it's important to know about a good de{*filter*}, better than we
use.

Tue, 08 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for the best debugger

Quote:

> in your humble opinion, which is the best de{*filter*} you have
> ever seen?
> I'm looking for one that:
>      - Requires little memory
>      - Works under DOS
>      - It's powerful

>      - And more stupid things (like if it runs in a 286 -> I own one!!!!
> I'm working with that machine every hour, every day).

> And more things.

> Send your opinion and why. And where can we get then.
> I think it's important to know about a good de{*filter*}, better than we
> use.

Hands down it is 386Swat-- an internal Qualitas (386Max) development
tool.  Available free from www.sudleyplace.com.   It will run in real
mode (no memory manager), in virtual mode with himem/emm386 or Qemm and
in protected mode with 386Max as mm.  In the later case it requires 0
memory in the first 1mb.  It lurks in the background to be activated by
a breakpoint  or by ctl-alt-pad5.  Can be envoked in text mode on main
session monitor but is handier if directed to mono second monitor.  Can
also be used to debug windows applications.

Another advantage is that Swat can be set up as a Win95 kernel-mode
de{*filter*}.

This is an indespensable tool for DOS level snooping.

Bob Luey
remove xxx to reply

Tue, 08 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. I'm looking for a good x86 debugger

2. I'm looking for a good x86 debugger

3. I'm Looking for a good editor/compiler/debugger pkg for Win95

4. newbie looking for good freeware debugger

5. Need a Good Fortran Compiler/Debugger

6. Whose debugger is better, Eiffel or Objective C?

7. A better debugger?

8. A good debugger?

9. Best 16-bit Windows MASM Editor/Compiler/Debugger

10. Good Disassembler/Debugger?r

11. best free debugger?

12. Best 16-bit Windows MASM Editor/Compiler/Debugger