I am lamer who wants to learn assembler
Author Message
 I am lamer who wants to learn assembler

Does anybody know a good website for assembler beginners?
Is there someone who could help me learn assembler?

Fri, 14 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 I am lamer who wants to learn assembler

Quote:

>Does anybody know a good website for assembler beginners?

Do a search on Yahoo for "assembly progamming" and "assembly source
files" and you'll find LOT of sites.

Also, check this NG's FAQ for some interesting a/l related sites, as
well as info on all the popular assembler porgrams.

Quote:
>Is there someone who could help me learn assembler?

Once you locate some of the abvoe sites. you'll notice ALOT have a/l
tutor files. Grab yourself a free assembler, and start going thru the
tutor.

Along the way, just do some simple stuff: print to the screen, get
some input, clear the screen, etc.

Also, grab and look at others source routines. There's TONS of this on
the web.

Finally, when stumped, post a question here. There are all levels of
programmers to answer your questions.

Good luck, Ep

Ed Parry - Southern California, USA

Fri, 14 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 I am lamer who wants to learn assembler

Quote:

> Does anybody know a good website for assembler beginners?
> Is there someone who could help me learn assembler?

Why don't you try:

  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2704/tutorial.html

Then when you decide want more, try:

  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/9498/asm.html

--
Paul Hsieh
qed "at" chromatic "dot" com

What I say and what my company says are not always the same thing

Fri, 14 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 I am lamer who wants to learn assembler

Quote:

> Does anybody know a good website for assembler beginners?
> Is there someone who could help me learn assembler?

PB,

I would start by getting the FAQ for this newsgroup.  Subject #24 in
the  General Part II section has pointers to many ASM tutorials,
downloadable and on-line HTML versions.  There is much more information
of value to a beginner ASM programmer.

I upload the FAQ to alt.lang.asm, comp.lang.x86.asm, news.answers,
comp.answers, and alt.answers on or about the 21st of every month.
From that posting, the FAQ is archived at rtfm.mit.edu under the two
lang newsgroups.  You can download the FAQ via anonymous ftp.  Also,
I zip the FAQ and upload it to SimTel in the msdos/info directory.
The filename of the latest is asm9611t.zip for the text version and
asm9611h.zip for the html version.  Lastly, the FAQ is available for
viewing and downloading from my web site.  See my .sig below.

Hope that this helps.

Ray
Ray Moon

http://www2.dgsys.com/~raymoon/moonware.html
Home of MoonWare Shareware and the x86 Assembly Language FAQ
Come steal my pages...   Well, not steal but come and see!

Fri, 14 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. i am a lamer and i need your help :-)

2. I want to learn and I'm not a lamer

3. I can't believe I am learning Clipper

4. I am just learning verilog any good books or websites

5. Learning 370 assembler

6. learning assembler

7. Why learn assembler?

8. Learning X86 assembler

9. Assemblers, learning curves and output

10. Learning Assembly Using Turbo Assembler

11. can anyone learn me Assembler?

12. Book for learning 'Assembler'..