Borland Turbo Assembler
Author Message
 Borland Turbo Assembler

I'am not new to computer languages but have yet to dive into assembler. I
was thinking of trying Borland' s Turbo Assembler 5.0. Can anyone verify if
this is a good choice or are there other assemblers that might be better?
Thanks. Glen

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Borland Turbo Assembler
In the world of commercial products, Borland is certainly up there.  There are
questions about ongoing support due to all of the problems at Inprise.

You might want to check out NASM and RHIDE, which are both free and make an
excellent combination (RHIDE is very similar to the Borland environment).

http://www.web-sites.co.uk/nasm/

Good Luck,

Wally

Quote:

> I'am not new to computer languages but have yet to dive into assembler. I
> was thinking of trying Borland' s Turbo Assembler 5.0. Can anyone verify if
> this is a good choice or are there other assemblers that might be better?
> Thanks. Glen

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Borland Turbo Assembler

Quote:
>You might want to check out NASM and RHIDE, which are both free and make an
>excellent combination (RHIDE is very similar to the Borland environment).

>http://www.web-sites.co.uk/nasm/

I have personal problems with NASM (yes, I still don't like your addressing
modes =). Since it's free, if I were you I'd try it out. If you don't like it,
Borland is certainly good. I personally use TASM 5.0 which works wonderfully.

  - vulture a.k.a. Sean Stanek

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Borland Turbo Assembler 5.0

2. Borland Turbo Assembler vrs 4.0

3. Want to Buy TASM (Borland Turbo Assembler Debugger)

4. REQ. Borland Turbo Assembler

5. Where can I get a copy of Borland Turbo Assembler 2.01 ?

6. Where can I get a copy of Borland Turbo Assembler 2.01 ?

7. Looking for "Borland Turbo Assembler Quick Reference"

8. ASM HEL P! turbo assembler (borland)

9. Problem coding assembler in Borland's Turbo C++ 3.5

10. Borland C++ Compiler 3.1/Turbo Assembler?

11. Interface between Borland C++ & Turbo Assembler