Fastest ASM to plot a pixel in a drawing buffer
Author Message
 Fastest ASM to plot a pixel in a drawing buffer

Hello there,

I'm writing a graphics library in Borland Turbo C++ 3.0.  I need a function written in
BASM (since I don't have a ASM compiler) that plots a pixel in a drawing buffer
(represented by 'drawbuf' below)  I also need to know(in BASM) how to copy the memory
contents of 'drawbuf' into the videobuffer(0xa000)

Please help.  Here's my plot function:

void plot(int x, int y, char color )
{
        if(x>SCREEN_WIDTH) return;
        if(x<0) return;
        if(y>SCREEN_HEIGHT) return;
        if(y<0) return;

        drawbuf[(y << 8) + (y << 6) + x] = color;

Quote:
}

Bob Platko

Thu, 15 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Plotting Fast pixels

2. Direct pixel-by-pixel drawing (with Tk)

3. Win32 ASM programming of Sound and Painting to screen Pixel by pixel

4. Win32 ASM programming of Sound and Painting to screen Pixel by pixel

5. How to draw a pixel in an STk Canvas

6. 3D pixel plotting?

7. Pixel plotting and such.

8. HELP in vesa pixel plotting

9. plotting pixels dilemma.

10. Plotting pixels (very newbie)

11. More help with assembly draw pixel

12. Help with assembly draw pixel function