Pentium & Pentium II specs
Author Message
 Pentium & Pentium II specs

Hi,

I'm looking for something like specifications for Pentium MMX, Pentium
II, AMD K6, AMD K6-2 and eventiually Cyrix.

What I really need to see is description of all the instructions (and
their timing, I mean how long do they take to execute), registers, etc.
And also information about their implementation - pipelines etc,
information about optimizing technics - I'm interested to know if a good
optimization for Pentium will work good on K6, etc.

If someone know where I can find such specs, please mail me!

Regards,

        HH

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pentium & Pentium II specs

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm looking for something like specifications for Pentium MMX, Pentium
> II, AMD K6, AMD K6-2 and eventiually Cyrix.

> What I really need to see is description of all the instructions (and
> their timing, I mean how long do they take to execute), registers, etc.
> And also information about their implementation - pipelines etc,
> information about optimizing technics - I'm interested to know if a good
> optimization for Pentium will work good on K6, etc.

> If someone know where I can find such specs, please mail me!

> Regards,

>         HH

Try these links

http://www.amd.com/K6/k6docs/index.html
http://developer.intel.com/design/PentiumII/manuals/
http://www.cyrix.com/developers/dv-home.htm

At least Amd and Cyrix has instruction-timing information about their
products...

Hope this helps.

Kjetil Michael Nesjan

--

Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pentium & Pentium II specs

Quote:
> I'm looking for something like specifications for Pentium MMX, Pentium
> II, AMD K6, AMD K6-2 and eventiually Cyrix.

> What I really need to see is description of all the instructions (and
> their timing, I mean how long do they take to execute), registers, etc.
> And also information about their implementation - pipelines etc,
> information about optimizing technics - I'm interested to know if a good
> optimization for Pentium will work good on K6, etc.

Well, you can start at my page:

    http://www.pobox.com/~qed/cpuwar.html

About these processors, and following the links to get the relevant
documentation that discusses them.  In the case of Intel, though, you
will find better documentation at:

    http://www.pobox.com/~qed/p5opt.html

While www.sandpile.org is also an excellent resource, I don't believe he
gives instruction timings for all the various processors.

--
Paul Hsieh

http://www.pobox.com/~qed

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pentium & Pentium II specs
try at
http://developer.intel.com/design/pentium/MANUALS

or ftp: developer.intel.com/design/pentium/MANUALS/

There are lots of pdf documents ...
The available documents are
Intel Architecture Optimizations Manual.
Intel Architecture Software Developer's Manual, Volume 1 Basic Architecture.
Intel Architecture Software Developer's Manual, Volume 2  Instruction Set Reference
Manual.
Intel Architecture Software Developer's Manual, Volume 3  System Programming Guide.
Addendum - Intel Architecture Software Developer's Manual,  Volume 2  Instruction Set
Reference.
Addendum - Intel Architecture Software Developer's Manual, Volume 3  System Programming
Guide.
Addendum - Intel Architecture Software Developer's Manual,  Volume 1 Basic Architecture.

you can also go to   developer.intel.com/design/celeron to get celeron MANUALS
--
Srikant

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm looking for something like specifications for Pentium MMX, Pentium
> II, AMD K6, AMD K6-2 and eventiually Cyrix.

> What I really need to see is description of all the instructions (and
> their timing, I mean how long do they take to execute), registers, etc.
> And also information about their implementation - pipelines etc,
> information about optimizing technics - I'm interested to know if a good
> optimization for Pentium will work good on K6, etc.

> If someone know where I can find such specs, please mail me!

> Regards,

>         HH

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pentium & Pentium II specs
check out the site http://www.x86.org/intel.doc/IntelDocs.html (end of page)
this contains some useful Intel links.
    TAD
Quote:

>Hi,

>I'm looking for something like specifications for Pentium MMX, Pentium
>II, AMD K6, AMD K6-2 and eventiually Cyrix.

>If someone know where I can find such specs, please mail me!

>Regards,
> HH

Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pentium & Pentium II spec

2. Pentium Pro & Pentium II instruction decomposition (uops)

3. Comparative perf of Pentium/Pentium II under J?

4. Pentium/Pentium II asm ?

5. FORTRAN on dual CPU Pentium II or Pentium III

6. Pentium II vs. Pentium Pro

7. Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II

8. Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II

9. Clipper & Pentium II

10. Clipper & Pentium II

11. Pentium 3 vs Pentium 4 benchmarks

12. RDTSC on Pentium and Pentium Pro for Timing Accuracy