FLASH BIOS
Author Message
 FLASH BIOS

Can any one tell me how reliable flash bios is and if there is any docs to
support that its a safe thing to do,i know this is our assembler area and
it should be confined to programming only ,but i thought someone in this
group may have some info.
paul hamden

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 FLASH BIOS

Quote:
>Can any one tell me how reliable flash bios is and if there is any docs to
>support that its a safe thing to do,i know this is our assembler area and
>it should be confined to programming only ,but i thought someone in this
>group may have some info.
>paul hamden

If you mean programming it, it's rather unreliable. You'll need to make
sure your code is 101% bug-free and that you have a recovery device on
hand to recover from any power cuts whilst flashing etc.

If you mean installing a new Flash BIOS, that's easy, there is a small
element of danger (power cut), but it's still easy to upgrade.

Check out <developer.intel.com> for more information and datasheets on
Intel products/motherboards/FLASH devices, of which you may find some
help
--
UNIX - Saving you from the Gates of Hell.

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Flash BIOS rewriting and low-level hardware access

2. Is there such a thing as a Flash Bios Editor

3. Flash BIOS modification: Newbie questions

4. Flash BIOS rewriting and low-level hardware access

5. AWARD Flash Bios Programming

6. writing to flash BIOS

7. Linux in Flash BIOS?

8. bios in flash, intermittent extensions boot

9. Programming BIOS Flash Roms -- Neat trick!

10. has anyone here ever flashed a bios chip?

11. bios documentation ng.asm.x86,alt.comp.bios

12. bios documentation ang.asm.x86, alt.comp.bios