How to execute DOS command from C program other than with SYSTEM
Author Message
 How to execute DOS command from C program other than with SYSTEM

: >
: >wass wrong with a pipe so you can execute and get a return/

: The C language has no support for pipes. In fact DOS doesn't really either.

: --
: -----------------------------------------

: -----------------------------------------

--
****************begin r.s. response*******************

        development system may provide
        function in family of
                exec()
        or
                spawn()
        .

****************end r.s. response*********************
Ralph Silverman

Sat, 28 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to execute DOS command from C program other than with SYSTEM

Quote:

>: >
>: >wass wrong with a pipe so you can execute and get a return/

>: The C language has no support for pipes. In fact DOS doesn't really either.

>****************begin r.s. response*******************

>        development system may provide
>        function in family of
>                exec()
>        or
>                spawn()

However the usual implementation of these don't provide any help for pipes.

Sun, 29 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How execute MVS system command from Cobol program ?

2. comm ports/shell out from DOS program to execute Windows program

3. executing dos program within program

4. VW -- How to execute DOS commands

5. Execute Dos Command in CW2.003

6. How can I automatically close the DOS Window after executing the RUN command

7. Executing a DOS-Command from a Fortran Executable

8. Executing a command from the DOS prompt in F90

9. Executing a DOS command within MS Fortran V5.1

10. Need help with executing DOS command from wish80

11. Executing DOS Commands using wish80 vs. tclsh80

12. Executing DOS command with result