Fixup overflow problem and question
Author Message
 Fixup overflow problem and question

Hey,

I admit that it wasn't a bright thing to do, but I did it - I wrote a
program by putting all of the PROC's in one file, using a global data
seg, and now I have to split it up into individual modules. The
problem that I'm encountering is about 20 fixup overflows.

Ok, I read the docs that came with Borland C++, (I looked, but
couldn't find anything about the error in the TASM manuals) and it
says that this error occurs when you try to make a near call to data
or a PROC that should be a far call. This is where the problem is... I
have declared all of my segments as public, with the same name, and
alignment so all of my calls and references to data should be near,
but I am still getting the error.

I know that I have exported/imported all of the symbols and procnames
that I need, so this isn't a problem either. I also noticed that the
BC++ manual said that if I was using ASM the error might be caused by
something 'else' but it doesn't say what! =)

I was wondering if anyone here could make a suggestion as to how I can
correct this error. Thanks a lot!

Elliot.

Tue, 14 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Fixup Overflow?

2. TLINK Fixup Overflow Errors

3. fixup overflow, what does it mean

4. fixup overflow ?

5. Fixup Overflow

6. Fixup Overflow?

7. Fixup Overflow Error

8. Fixup Overflow Error L2002

9. "Fixup Overflow - TLINK.EXE

10. HELP: Problem with fixups with TLINK

11. Stack overflow problem but increasing stack size does not solve the problem

12. Newbie Haskell question (Control stack overflow)