Q: OUTS* instruction, which registers are used?
Author Message
 Q: OUTS* instruction, which registers are used?

Quote:
> I have an introductory book on ASM language and it lists most of the
> directives that can be used with MASM and TASM.  However, although the
> OUTS* instruction is mentioned, its address register specifications are
> not given.

[snip]

According the the i486 prog.ref., OUTS works pretty much like LODS,
except the destination is the output port spec'd by DX instead of the
AL/AX/EAX register.

i.e. DS:(E)SI is the assumed source and port DX is the assumed destination.
The REP prefixes and direction flag work the same as the LODS instruction,
and the data can be 8, 16, or 32 bits (B,W,D).

--mark

Wed, 02 Jul 1997 00:02:41 GMT

1. Q:OUTS* instruction, which registers are used?

2. Q: OUTS* instruction, which registers are used?

3. Using FP registers as additional GP registers

4. Qs about using MALLOC in SUN F77

5. I am unable to register my template!

6. A2085: instruction or register not accepted in current CPU

7. question on register instructions

8. 32 bit registers and Instructions from DOS ?

9. 32-bits registers (Re: ROR and ROL instruction)

10. Urgent!!Oracle9i:using ODBC, I am noy able to link to my database tables using Access

11. Error: Clock skew plus hold time of destination register exceeds register-to-register delay

12. Error: Clock skew plus hold time of destination register exceeds register-to-register delay