CDFS from Win 32
Author Message
 CDFS from Win 32

Quote:
> Is there a simple way to call CDFS (or MSCDEX) APIs from a win32
application
> (Win98) to access directly to CD physical sectors ?
> Thanks !

There's no simple method. You must create a 16-bit .DLL and call it via a
"thunking layer" from a 32-bit .DLL, which links with your program. Do a
search on MSDN for "Reading CD-ROM Sectors from Windows 95", and another
search for the thunk compiler.

Note that the thunk compiler is part of the Win95/Win98 SDK. If your
compiler doesn't provide it - you'll have to download it from the MS site.

I have written code to do this, but cannot post it as I wrote it for my
employer.

Daniel Pfeffer

Thu, 08 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ST/V WIN 16 TO WIN 32 UPGRADE

2. Clarion 5B PE Win 32 Server Error

3. Digitalk's VST Win 32

4. Win 32 bug

5. Win 32 API Questions

6. 32-bit Forth for Win 95?

7. HUGS for Win 32 environment question

8. Win 32 assembly

9. Trap Control Alt Delete Win 32 code

10. WIN 32

11. win constants & 32 bit reg

12. Win 32 : best way to find previous instances ?