TASM & Protected Mode
Author Message
 TASM & Protected Mode

Hello,
I wanna start to write my own code in Protected Mode, so could u give me
some links with infos? Where can I find help, manual for TASM 5.0?
I still use to write code TSR, but when I try to change values at address
0000:0084h I get a "General protection exception", so I try to use INT 21h,
25h but still get this error. There's no way to write a resident routine in
this way (I use Win98 OS)?

Thanx for helps, tips, links and time you waste answering to me 8^)

Thu, 27 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 TASM & Protected Mode

Quote:
>Hello,
>I wanna start to write my own code in Protected Mode, so could u give me
>some links with infos? Where can I find help, manual for TASM 5.0?
>I still use to write code TSR, but when I try to change values at address
>0000:0084h I get a "General protection exception", so I try to use INT 21h,
>25h but still get this error. There's no way to write a resident routine in
>this way (I use Win98 OS)?

>Thanx for helps, tips, links and time you waste answering to me 8^)

Umm, protected mode code is very different. TLINK32 can generate PE style
executables, but that's not for DOS. If you still want to be able to TSR and
want DOS-like programming, then find the DOS32 extender. It works beautifully
for pmode programming. Version 3.3 is the best IMO.

  - vulture a.k.a. Sean Stanek

Thu, 27 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. TASM & Protected Mode

2. Dynamic segments in Protected mode with TASM

3. Protected-mode with Tasm and *.com

4. Real Mode TASM to AT&T format under DJGPP - Free Example

5. NetLib & protected mode

6. Real/Protected Mode & DBFCDX

7. CA-Tools & Protected Mode

8. Clipper & Protected mode

9. Protected mode (& other) source code available

10. Protected Mode - DPMI & Memory Access

11. help with NASM & protected mode

12. Protected mode (& other) source code available