ASM Macro
Author Message
 ASM Macro

In Kendall Bennett's svgakit, I saw this macro definition:

Quote:
> MACRO  outp   port, value
>        mov    dx,port
>        mov    al,value
>        out    dx,al
> ENDM

and 'calls' like this:

Quote:
> outp   3C4h, 6, 0AEh

Can you tell me what happens to the third variable?

I would appreciate Email. Thanks -- Joost.

 Snail mail: P.O. Box 1494, 5602 BL, Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
 Anonymous FTP: ftp.iaehv.nl:/pub/users/joosts

Wed, 25 Jun 1997 20:10:26 GMT
 ASM Macro

J> In Kendall Bennett's svgakit, I saw this macro definition:

Quote:
>> MACRO  outp   port, value
>> mov    dx,port
>> mov    al,value
>> out    dx,al
>> ENDM

J> and 'calls' like this:

Quote:
>> outp   3C4h, 6, 0AEh

J> Can you tell me what happens to the third variable?

I suppose it is ignored. Maybe it causes some warning.

Sat, 28 Jun 1997 20:10:05 GMT

1. C and asm macro

2. asm macro

3. ASM Macros ?

4. A macro involving two sub-macros - where the 2nd macro needs results from the first

5. FS: IBM Macro ASM V 2.0

6. Square Root in ASM (I'd also like a print literal Macro)

7. asm in c macro. how

8. FS: IBM Macro ASM V 2.0

9. challenge for MACRO experts & ASM gurus

10. Macro Preprocessor (was: C -> ASM compression problem)

11. macro -vs- macro/codeblock

12. Help with macros writing macros in Bigloo