Fixup Overflow Error
Author Message
 Fixup Overflow Error

I get the followng error message when trying to link a C codes to
assembly function:
"
fixup overflow at 'number' in segment 'segment'
target external 'symbol'
"
any body knows why ?
I am using microsoft C for compiling, and turbo assembler for
assmebling.
thanx

Mon, 04 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Fixup Overflow Error

Quote:

> fixup overflow at 'number' in segment 'segment'
> target external 'symbol'

It might have been easier to explain if you had left the actual
segment and symbol rather than making them generic.  I assume it
also told you the file name.

Somewhere in that file you have a reference to that 'symbol'
The reference to that symbol has a specified "frame" that it is
relative to (Either the group-or-segment that the assembler-or-
compiler believes the external symbol is in, or the g-or-s that
the a-or-c ASSUMES is in the segment register used to access
the symbol).

Without a lot more specifics, there are too many possible causes
for me to make a good guess.  I will make one wild guess as an
example:

You are using a memory model that assumes all code or all data
(whichever type that symbol is) are in a single group-or-segment.
Your ASM code gives a different name to that g-or-s than the
compiler gives for the C code.  I will guess the C segment is
lower in memory and the ASM code accesses a C symbol in a way
that assumes it is in the same segment with ASM symbols.  Since
16-bit code (another guess) can't have offsets below the base
of the segment, you have asked the linker to compute an
impossible offset.  Solution:  make the segment names match.
--
http://www.erols.com/johnfine/
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/8600/

Mon, 04 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. TLINK Fixup Overflow Errors

2. Fixup Overflow Error L2002

3. Fixup Overflow?

4. fixup overflow, what does it mean

5. fixup overflow ?

6. Fixup Overflow

7. Fixup Overflow?

8. "Fixup Overflow - TLINK.EXE

9. Fixup overflow problem and question

10. Fixup errors

11. Fatal error LNK1190 invalid fixup found, type 0x0001

12. Help: fixup errors preventing linking assembler object