"Unexpected End of File" in MASM?
Author Message
 "Unexpected End of File" in MASM?

I'm suddenly getting "unexpected end of file" from the MASM linker, even on
old, simple programs that have compiled perfectly all along.

I made some changes in the PWB editor options, but none in linker.  And, no, I
don't have a backup of the old tool.ini.

Any ideas?

Ron Newman
Troubadour Technology
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~ronman/animal.htm

Mon, 09 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Unexpected End of File" in MASM?
|I'm suddenly getting "unexpected end of file" from the MASM linker, even on
|old, simple programs that have compiled perfectly all along.
|
|I made some changes in the PWB editor options, but none in linker.  And, no, I
|don't have a backup of the old tool.ini.
|
|Any ideas?

Are you sure you have a "END [StartLabel]" at the end of your file?

Mon, 09 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Unexpected End of File" in MASM?

Quote:
> I'm suddenly getting "unexpected end of file" from the MASM linker, even on
> old, simple programs that have compiled perfectly all along.

It's a bit hard to guess -- the most common problem is accidentally
supplying a source file to the linker instead of assembling it first,
but I'm sure you've already looked at that.  I've also occasionally
seen this if the object file and linker were mismatched (COFF file
supplied to a linker expecting OMF files).

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Unexpected End of File" in MASM?
Check your available (free)  memory.

--
John Jacques

http://www.berkshire.net/~johnjac

Quote:
>I'm suddenly getting "unexpected end of file" from the MASM linker, even on
>old, simple programs that have compiled perfectly all along.

>I made some changes in the PWB editor options, but none in linker.  And,
no, I
>don't have a backup of the old tool.ini.

>Any ideas?

>Ron Newman
>Troubadour Technology
>http://www.imt.net/~ronman/animal.htm

Wed, 11 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Tcl_CloseFile: unexpected file type"

2. How to open files ending with ";"

3. What is "Unexpected Lock Error"

4. syntax error - unexpected token "OFFSIDE"

5. Unexpected result for list operator "+="

6. Unexpected behavior from $interp eval "exit"

7. utility to replace "end" with "end subroutine foo"

8. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

9. RB allows unmatched "end if"s

10. LOGO-L> copydef "fin "end

11. Lisp and "front-ends"

12. input widget "index end" quirk