BIOS Data area?
Author Message
 BIOS Data area?

Hi guys..

I'm looking for docs describing the BIOS data area (where com-port addresses and other stuff is stored by the bios), I've checked the most common docs but can't find an info on this (ralf's int. list, etc..).

Anybody know where to find this info?

thanks, Jimmy

- Unix *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who it's friends are.

Sun, 05 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 BIOS Data area?

Hi Jimmy,
If you are really interested in a lot of info then you should by a book
like "The Undocumented PC" Second Edition by Frank van Gilluwe.
ISBN 0-201-47950-8 Addison Wesley.
See you, Eric
--

Eric P. van Westendorp  Tel: +31(0252)210579
Reigerslaan 22  2215NN Voorhout  Netherlands

Quote:

> Hi guys..

> I'm looking for docs describing the BIOS data area (where com-port addresses and other stuff is stored by the bios), I've checked the most common docs but can't find an info on this (ralf's int. list, etc..).

> Anybody know where to find this info?

> thanks, Jimmy

> - Unix *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who it's friends are.

Mon, 06 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 BIOS Data area?

Hi,
If COM port areas are what you are looking for you just might
find it in the book Undocumented PC by Frank Van Gilluwe (spelling?)

Cheers
Arjun

Quote:

> Hi guys..

> I'm looking for docs describing the BIOS data area (where com-port addresses and other stuff is stored by the bios), I've checked the most common docs but can't find an info on this (ralf's int. list, etc..).

Mon, 06 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. BIOS data area seem stop??

2. keyboard BIOS data area?

3. Reading from the BIOS data area

4. Read from BIOS data area

5. BIOS DATA area?

6. BIOS DATA area?

7. Reading from the BIOS data area

8. Help with BIOS data area please??

9. MVS REXX - Looking for Pointer to Data Area IWMRQRY Answer Area

10. BIOS working area?

11. Accessing the BIOS NV areas.

12. BIOS-Data-Segment availability?