boot record programs?
Author Message
 boot record programs?

Does anyone have or know of a site where I can get Info on writing assembly
programs to take control of the start up of the computer .  a bootstrap
like program.  I am lookin for any code I can get my hands on.
        thanks,
                Aaron Micyus

Wed, 12 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 boot record programs?

Quote:

> Does anyone have or know of a site where I can get Info on writing assembly
> programs to take control of the start up of the computer .  a bootstrap
> like program.  I am lookin for any code I can get my hands on.

On my web page you can find an example of a bootstrap that loads
protected mode code, and a bootstrap that presents a multi-boot
menu to select which partition or drive to boot.  Each is in
well commented NASM source code and demonstrates the basic
priciples of bootstrap writing.

http://www.erols.com/johnfine/

Wed, 12 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS-DOS Boot Sector & Boot Programs

2. master boot record

3. How to view boot record?

4. Writing to the Boot record.

5. Help Master Boot Record

6. BootUp: Master Boot Record

7. The Master Boot Record

8. pretty technical...Boot Record, FAT, and Root Directory

9. How to view boot record?

10. Master boot record

11. Master boot record

12. Pc Boot Direct:Boot Apps on PC Processor