Flash BIOS modification: Newbie questions
Author Message
 Flash BIOS modification: Newbie questions

I'm well versed in Z-80 assembly for many years and have only recently
learnt x86 assembly.

I'd like to change my laptop's flash BIOS to recognize faster cpus (it
has socket 7 replaceable cpus) and also to recognize larger hard drives.
I also want to put some security features in the BIOS.

After doing some research, it looks like SOURCER with BIOS-PREPROCESSOR
is a good program to get to understand and edit the bios:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

The problem is it's too expensive. Can anyone recommend any other
package that will do a good job?
Can someone give me a primer on BIOS programming? I would really
appreciate it as I can find almost no information on the subject.

I'm looking to modify the BIOS contained in
ftp://ftp.ctxintl.com/notebook/700%20Series/700flash.exe

Thank you
-Mritunjay

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Flash BIOS rewriting and low-level hardware access

2. Is there such a thing as a Flash Bios Editor

3. Flash BIOS rewriting and low-level hardware access

4. AWARD Flash Bios Programming

5. bios in flash, intermittent extensions boot

6. FLASH BIOS

7. writing to flash BIOS

8. Programming BIOS Flash Roms -- Neat trick!

9. has anyone here ever flashed a bios chip?

10. Linux in Flash BIOS?

11. Newbie question: BIOS Variables

12. newbie: a cmos-bios question...