Hi.  I am new at this programming thing(in
assembly, I mean) and I can't figure out how to
do a new line escape character.  please help.  I

than here at alt.lang.asm

                                tyger

Thu, 05 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 heeeelp!!

Quote:
> Hi.  I am new at this programming thing(in
> assembly, I mean) and I can't figure out how to
> do a new line escape character.  please help.  I

> than here at alt.lang.asm

>                                 tyger

<Jack>

I have no idea what you mean by a new line escape character.  The
decimal value 13 (0D hex) is the carriage return character.  The
decimal value 10 (0A hex) is the line feed character.  If you wanted to
output a line of text to the screen in text mode, and have the cursor
move to the start of the next line, you need to include both of these
characters.  You can also define names for them instead of using the
actual numbers:

LINE_FEED       equ     10
CAR_RET equ     13

Now if you wanted to define a string which could be send to the screen
with MS-DOS int 21h function 9, which requires a "$" character at the
end, you can do this:

mystring        db      "This is my string", CAR_RET, LINE_FEED, '$'

Is this what you wanted?

</Jack>

Fri, 06 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Heeeelp :-)

2. Heeeelp :-)

3. heeeelp, how do I

4. Heeeelp before I shoot myself

5. bsr r1,r2 Heeeelp

6. HEEEELP ! Looking for a memory dumper

7. Heeeelp! Cobol, windows 95 and Novell

8. heeeelp!

9. heeeelp - socket problem

10. Tk on solaris 2.4 (Heeeelp !)