PMODE
Author Message
 PMODE

Where can I find docs,tutorials about programming Pmode
without extender ?

Best regards

Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PMODE

Quote:

> Where can I find docs,tutorials about programming Pmode
> without extender ?

  Depends what you mean.

  The native programming in Windows, or Linux, or OS/2, or various
others is Pmode without an extender.  I don't think that you meant that.

  Programming Pmode in DOS without an extender might be what you mean.
That is a lot like (or may include) writing your own extender.  There
are freeware extenders available with source code.  I don't know a
better resource for learning that than to read through the source code
of an existing one.

  Programming Pmode without any OS might be what you mean.  There are
documents, examples and tools to help with that on my web page.

--
http://www.erols.com/johnfine/
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/8600/

Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pmode switching - pmode.asm (0/1)

2. Pmode switching - pmode.asm (0/1)

3. self-booting pmode program written in assembler written in sh

4. pmode prob setting up 4G data segment...

5. probs entering pmode

6. Pmode swap around?

7. 286 pmode

8. BIOS and pmode memory question