How to use INS OUTS in pentium CPU??
Author Message
 How to use INS OUTS in pentium CPU??

When I use "IN" "OUT" opcode in pentium CPU,it cause an error.
I know that pentium CPU is not support "IN" "OUT" opcode.
What should change in follow?And they can work in pentium CPU.
 I need your help, thank you!

 Word   wReadIn;
 _asm{
                MOV AX,0
                MOV DX,2FCH
                OUT  DX,AX
               MOV DX,2F8h
                IN AX,DX
        MOV wReadIn,AX
         }

Help me....help~~~me~~~ thanks.

Sun, 12 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use INS OUTS in pentium CPU??

Quote:

> When I use "IN" "OUT" opcode in pentium CPU,it cause an error.
> I know that pentium CPU is not support "IN" "OUT" opcode.

It supports. Maybe OS disabled it. Use other OS (e.g. DOS).
Or read manuals of the OS you use and find how to enable...

Sun, 12 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use INS OUTS in pentium CPU??

pentium CPU support IN and OUT porting just as all the previous processors
do.

Quote:
> When I use "IN" "OUT" opcode in pentium CPU,it cause an error.
> I know that pentium CPU is not support "IN" "OUT" opcode.
> What should change in follow?And they can work in pentium CPU.
>  I need your help, thank you!

>  Word   wReadIn;
>  _asm{
>                    MOV AX,0
>                    MOV DX,2FCH
>                    OUT  DX,AX
>                MOV DX,2F8h
>                    IN AX,DX
>    MOV wReadIn,AX
>          }

> Help me....help~~~me~~~ thanks.

Mon, 20 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use INS OUTS in pentium CPU??

I think bigwhell  missed the point. Both Windows 3.11 (mostly sound cards
and IDE drives) and Windows 95 (mostly sound cards, IDE drives, floppy
drives, and most access not in  DOS window) limit access to I/O ports to
preserve stability.  Windows NT bars almost all port access because of the
risk to stability.  The I/O limits are not chip dependent but rather
operating system dependent.

Regards
John Kelly

Quote:
> pentium CPU support IN and OUT porting just as all the previous
processors
> do.

> > When I use "IN" "OUT" opcode in pentium CPU,it cause an error.
> > I know that pentium CPU is not support "IN" "OUT" opcode.

Fri, 24 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to use INS OUTS (INSB INSW...)

2. FORTRAN on dual CPU Pentium II or Pentium III

3. Q:OUTS* instruction, which registers are used?

4. Q: OUTS* instruction, which registers are used?

5. Q: OUTS* instruction, which registers are used?

6. Clipper 5.3b and Pentium III - Won't run on new CPU's

7. Question : Can clipper v5.2 take advantage of Pentium CPU power

8. Problem with Pentium II 300 CPU

9. Pentium CPU instructions

10. Good Pentium CPUs. was: Telephone harassment is illegal

11. Detecting Pentium/Cyrix/AMD/etc CPU's?

12. Article: Using Mix-ins with Python