Macro probs
Author Message
 Macro probs

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting a macro file to work.

In the mymacro.mac file is, (as well as other macros)
**
CLEARSCR  MACRO
          MOV  AX,0600H
          MOV  BH,07
          MOV  CX,0000
          MOV  DX,184FH
          INT  10H
          ENDM
**
Although the asm file compiles and links with no errors, when I run it, the
computer hangs and I cannot cnt>c out. I have to reboot.  I've temporarily
renamed the file, and the macro (clearscr) to check that tasm is using the
macro file and the appropriate macro,(If I do so it gives error msgs on
compiling) which it is. If anybody can suggest anything I'd be grateful.

If anybody knows the url of a good explanation, with examples, of macros I'd
be grateful.

PS. Frank, I made a mistake putting the macro in my posting. -thanks

Bruce

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Macro probs

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm having trouble getting a macro file to work.

> In the mymacro.mac file is, (as well as other macros)
> **
> CLEARSCR  MACRO
>           MOV  AX,0600H

try        MOV AX, 0619H
Quote:
>           MOV  BH,07
>           MOV  CX,0000
>           MOV  DX,184FH
>           INT  10H
>           ENDM
> **

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Macro probs

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm having trouble getting a macro file to work.

> In the mymacro.mac file is, (as well as other macros)
> **
> CLEARSCR  MACRO
>           MOV  AX,0600H
>           MOV  BH,07
>           MOV  CX,0000
>           MOV  DX,184FH
>           INT  10H
>           ENDM
> **
> Although the asm file compiles and links with no errors, when I run it,
the
> computer hangs and I cannot cnt>c out. I have to reboot.  I've temporarily
> renamed the file, and the macro (clearscr) to check that tasm is using the
> macro file and the appropriate macro,(If I do so it gives error msgs on
> compiling) which it is. If anybody can suggest anything I'd be grateful.

Have you tried using a de{*filter*} to find out where the program hangs?
IMO, it's not the macro's fault.

-Brent
doomsday AT optusnet DOT com DOT au

Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Macro probs

Quote:
>Although the asm file compiles and links with no errors, when I run it, the
>computer hangs and I cannot cnt>c out. I have to reboot.  I've temporarily
>renamed the file, and the macro (clearscr) to check that tasm is using the
>macro file and the appropriate macro,(If I do so it gives error msgs on
>compiling) which it is. If anybody can suggest anything I'd be grateful.

Put an exit routine after the first line, compile and run the prog. If it
runs, remove this line and put it after the next line. Keep on doing this
until you prog crashs. Then you know where exactly the fault is.

E.G.: Your prog, from where you call the macro, has an exit routine, eh?

Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. A macro involving two sub-macros - where the 2nd macro needs results from the first

2. macro -vs- macro/codeblock

3. Help with macros writing macros in Bigloo

4. syntax-rules macros with sub-macros

5. Scheme macro source: rewriter-widget, a widely applicable macro interface

6. Macros defining macros with define-syntax

7. symbol-macros and regular macros

8. Question about a macro-defining macro

9. Macro-Defining Macros

10. macro macros

11. Local macro within a macro?

12. how much macro is too much macro