Announcement: ASM Edit v1.8 Powerful assembler IDE
Author Message
 Announcement: ASM Edit v1.8 Powerful assembler IDE

What is ASM Edit?

In short: ASM Edit is a DOS based assembler IDE for all you assembler freaks out
there.

It features:
- complete IDE for editing assembler files
  + DOS based, but also works with Windows and OS/2
  + new memory management: files up to 256 MB (swap) can be edited
  + syntax coloring
  + change style and look of any assembler source
  + disassemble of short code pieces
  + new: Beginners tutorial
  + new: possible file conversion between DOS and Unix files
- on-line help
  + including assembler mnemonics (normal, FPU and MMX)
  + complete opcode table in help system
  + large interrupt list
  + programming of VGA hardware
- running of external Assembler, Linker, De{*filter*}, Maker
- tools for assembler programming: ASCII Chart, Calculator, Converter

Visit the ASM Edit site:
        http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~ok3/asmedit.html

or download it directly via:
        ftp://ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de/pub/ms-dos/edit/asmedit8.zip
        ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/assembler/asmedit8.zip
        ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/a{*filter*}l/asmedit8.zip

Thanks,
  Olaf
--
               Olaf 'O Love' Krusche

      (o o)    ASM Edit site: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~ok3/asmedit.html
--oOO--(_)--OOo-------------------------------------------------------------
'It's simple. Change the gravitational constant of the Universe.'
                                                       ST-TNG: Q in 'Deja Q'

Mon, 28 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Announcement: ASM Edit v1.8 Powerful assembler IDE

have you fixed the win95 bug? I couldn't even get going on v1.7

Quote:
> What is ASM Edit?
> In short: ASM Edit is a DOS based assembler IDE for all you assembler freaks out
> there.
> It features:
> - complete IDE for editing assembler files
>   + DOS based, but also works with Windows and OS/2
>   + new memory management: files up to 256 MB (swap) can be edited
>   + syntax coloring
>   + change style and look of any assembler source
>   + disassemble of short code pieces
>   + new: Beginners tutorial
>   + new: possible file conversion between DOS and Unix files
> - on-line help
>   + including assembler mnemonics (normal, FPU and MMX)
>   + complete opcode table in help system
>   + large interrupt list
>   + programming of VGA hardware
> - running of external Assembler, Linker, De{*filter*}, Maker
> - tools for assembler programming: ASCII Chart, Calculator, Converter
> Visit the ASM Edit site:
>     http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~ok3/asmedit.html
> or download it directly via:
>    ftp://ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de/pub/ms-dos/edit/asmedit8.zip
>    ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/assembler/asmedit8.zip
>    ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/a{*filter*}l/asmedit8.zip
> Thanks,
>   Olaf
> --
>                Olaf 'O Love' Krusche

>       (o o)    ASM Edit site: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~ok3/asmedit.html
> --oOO--(_)--OOo-------------------------------------------------------------
> 'It's simple. Change the gravitational constant of the Universe.'
>                                                        ST-TNG: Q in 'Deja Q'

Tue, 29 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Announcement: ASM Edit v1.8 Powerful assembler IDE

Quote:

> have you fixed the win95 bug? I couldn't even get going on v1.7Yes. At least I hope so.

It should now work with most (newer) display drivers/cards in windowed
mode, too. Howerver, for speed reasons, I suggest you run it in
fullscreen mode.

BTW, why didn't you send us a message reporting your problems?

Quote:
> > What is ASM Edit?[snipped rest of message]

Regards,

Tels

--

ASM Edit: http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~ok3/asmedit.html

Tue, 29 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Announcement: ASM Edit v1.8 Powerful assembler IDE

:>
:>
:>have you fixed the win95 bug? I couldn't even get going on v1.7
:>

Maybe Win95 is the bug.

:>>   + DOS based, but also works with Windows and OS/2

:>> Visit the ASM Edit site:
:>>       http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~ok3/asmedit.html
:>
:>> or download it directly via:
:>>       ftp://ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de/pub/ms-dos/edit/asmedit8.zip
:>>       ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/assembler/asmedit8.zip
:>>       ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/a{*filter*}l/asmedit8.zip
:>

/

Sydney, Australia
\

Wed, 30 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Announcement: ASM Edit v1.8 Powerful assembler IDE

: :>

: :>
: :>have you fixed the win95 bug? I couldn't even get going on v1.7
: :>
:
: Maybe Win95 is the bug.
:

I know what is a bug...  it requires a numeric copressor (for some
reason) even when it says in the documentation that it doesn't require
one..   it's either a bug in the program or documentation :)

(yes, some of us still have 486SXs with no copro.. sad but true)

Hades

Sat, 02 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Announcement: ASM Edit v1.8 Powerful assembler IDE

Quote:

> : :>

> : :>
> : :>have you fixed the win95 bug? I couldn't even get going on v1.7
> : :>
> :
> : Maybe Win95 is the bug.
> :
> I know what is a bug...  it requires a numeric copressor (for some
> reason) even when it says in the documentation that it doesn't require
> one..   it's either a bug in the program or documentation :)
> (yes, some of us still have 486SXs with no copro.. sad but true)

well mine has a coprocessor dx2/66 and Asmedit still can't run under win95

Sun, 03 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Announcement: ASM Edit v1.8 Powerful assembler IDE

Quote:

>> : :>

>> : :>
>> : :>have you fixed the win95 bug? I couldn't even get going on v1.7
>> : :>
>> :
>> : Maybe Win95 is the bug.
>> I know what is a bug...  it requires a numeric copressor (for some
>> reason) even when it says in the documentation that it doesn't require
>> one..   it's either a bug in the program or documentation :)

>> (yes, some of us still have 486SXs with no copro.. sad but true)

>> Hades
>The BUG is fiexd, it was a wrong compiler switch: We forgot to include
>the emulator library. The compiler (BORLAND Pascal) thinks
>it must question a copro because we used a routine to check for the
>Pentium FDIV BUG. The dump compiler can't know that this is only
>on a 586 executed, so it *thought* our proggy needs an copro every
>time... (Was difficult to find a 386 here:-)
>The new ASM Edit v1.81 should appear today or tomorrow on Simtel and
>Garbo. Please check our web pages.

Is there a unix port (ie. unixware) ? If not, how do we go about using
ASM Edit with an unix file ?
--
Thanh Ma

Sun, 03 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Announcement: ASM Edit v1.8 Powerful assembler IDE

Quote:

> : :>

> : :>
> : :>have you fixed the win95 bug? I couldn't even get going on v1.7
> : :>
> :
> : Maybe Win95 is the bug.
> I know what is a bug...  it requires a numeric copressor (for some
> reason) even when it says in the documentation that it doesn't require
> one..   it's either a bug in the program or documentation :)

> (yes, some of us still have 486SXs with no copro.. sad but true)

> Hades

The BUG is fiexd, it was a wrong compiler switch: We forgot to include
the emulator library. The compiler (BORLAND PASCAL) thinks
it must question a copro because we used a routine to check for the
Pentium FDIV BUG. The dump compiler can't know that this is only
on a 586 executed, so it *thought* our proggy needs an copro every
time... (Was difficult to find a 386 here:-)

The new ASM Edit v1.81 should appear today or tomorrow on Simtel and
Garbo. Please check our web pages.

BTW: Why didn't you send a mail?

Ciao,

Tels

--

ASM Edit: http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~ok3/asmedit.html

Sun, 03 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Announcement: ASM Edit v1.8 Powerful assembler IDE

Quote:

>[...]

>Is there a unix port (ie. unixware) ? If not, how do we go about using
>ASM Edit with an unix file ?

Hmm, on v1.8+ you can load and save a Unix file using Options - Environment
- Editor. Change the new line radio button to 0Ah.

Olaf
--
               Olaf 'O Love' Krusche

      (o o)    ASM Edit site: http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~ok3/asmedit.html
--oOO--(_)--OOo-------------------------------------------------------------
'It's simple. Change the gravitational constant of the Universe.'
                                                       ST-TNG: Q in 'Deja Q'

Mon, 04 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Announcement: ASM Edit v1.8 Powerful assembler IDE

Quote:

>> Is there a unix port (ie. unixware) ? If not, how do we go about using

T> The unix port has to wait till we port it from PASCAL to C....

Is it a problem to make it? 1st, there is some utility which
converts Pascal (even Turbo Pascal) to C; 2nd, some 80386+ UNIXes
can run DOS box and I suppose they can run ASMEDIT in it...

Mon, 04 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Announcement: ASM Edit v1.8 Powerful assembler IDE

: > I know what is a bug...  it requires a numeric copressor (for some
: > reason) even when it says in the documentation that it doesn't require
: > one..   it's either a bug in the program or documentation :)
: >
: > (yes, some of us still have 486SXs with no copro.. sad but true)
: >
: > Hades
:
: The BUG is fiexd, it was a wrong compiler switch: We forgot to include
: the emulator library. The compiler (BORLAND PASCAL) thinks
: it must question a copro because we used a routine to check for the
: Pentium FDIV BUG. The dump compiler can't know that this is only
: on a 586 executed, so it *thought* our proggy needs an copro every
: time... (Was difficult to find a 386 here:-)
:
: BTW: Why didn't you send a mail?

Because the next time I was connected to the net I read the newsgroups
first and wrote it there first :)

Plus I suspected it would have been some compiler switch (first time
something I've suspected actually came true!) and so I thought you would
have already known about it.. plus my writing in the newsgroup would
have alerted you anyway :)

Hades

Tue, 05 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Announcement: ASM Edit v1.8 Powerful assembler IDE

2. Announcement: ASM Edit v1.7 Shareware

3. DBFViewer 2000 v1.08 is the powerful tool for viewing and editing, printing DBF databases

4. Powerful free Haskell IDE for Windows

5. Need help with assembler program - convert.asm - convert.asm (1/2)

6. Need help with assembler program - convert.asm - convert.asm (2/2)

7. ANNOUNCE: Wing IDE for Linux v1.0

8. COMMERCIAL: C-Forge v1.3 (multi-user IDE)

9. # ANNOUNCEMENT #: (Downloading) The Developer - A New Object-Oriented Language and IDE

10. # ANNOUNCEMENT #: Downloading Re: The Developer - A New Object-Oriented Language and IDE

11. # ANNOUNCEMENT #: The Developer - A New Object-Oriented Language And IDE

12. # ANNOUNCEMENT #: The Developer - A New Object-Oriented Language And IDE