Wanted: fast memory copy on 486 & P5
Author Message
 Wanted: fast memory copy on 486 & P5

Quote:

>>I would like to know of a quicker way myself (other than using MOVSD instead
>>of MOVSW to move double words instead of words) if one exists.
>Nope!

Note that setting up a MOVS(W/D) can effect the speed of the operation
a lot.  Try to set things up on word/dword boundries for large moves, or
suffer two reads and writes to memory as a penalty.

mycal

Sat, 23 Nov 1996 07:43:20 GMT

1. 486 and P5 instruction set

2. Learning 386/486/P5 assembler

3. 486 dx4/100 faster than p-133?

4. SALFORD FTN77/486: fastest access to video mem???

5. Fast 68000 memory copy routine.

6. fast memory copies

7. Q: PCPlus on 486 with extended memory ?

8. Question abt 486 memory access

9. intel 486's largest memory it can access

10. 386, 486, Pentium and P6 (why not P7) memory models

11. Wanted - public domain or shareware FORTH for 486

12. GOOD 486 MACRO ASSEMBLER WANTED