Masm and Tasm question.
Author Message
 Masm and Tasm question.

I translating a masm program to tasm, and have completed it except for one
thing. What does the 'sizeof' command in masm do, and what is the equivalent in
tasm.
Any help?

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 06:05:09 GMT
 Masm and Tasm question.
Hi !

The sizeof operator returns the size of the item in bytes, like:

msg DB    "abcd"
        mov eax, sizeof msg ; eax=4

data2 DW 1,2,3
        mov eax, sizof data2 ; eax=6

It can be used with string, arrays, records, structs and so on.

Mikael

Quote:
> I translating a masm program to tasm, and have completed it except for one
> thing. What does the 'sizeof' command in masm do, and what is the
equivalent in
> tasm.
> Any help?

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:48:14 GMT
 Masm and Tasm question.

Quote:
> I translating a masm program to tasm, and have completed it except for one
> thing. What does the 'sizeof' command in masm do, and what is the
equivalent in
> tasm.
> Any help?

I'm not quite sure, but try "TYPE" in TASM.

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:44:48 GMT
 Masm and Tasm question.

Hello Jennyn,

Quote:
> I translating a masm program to tasm, and have completed it except for one
> thing. What does the 'sizeof' command in masm do,

It's to determine the size of a Variable (storage space defined for it) or
Structure. (see Mikaels post)

Quote:
> and what is the equivalent in  tasm.

IIRC it's "Size".

Regards,
  Rudy Wieser

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:52:55 GMT

1. MASM and TASM questions

2. MASM and TASM questions

3. a question about TASM/MASM and NASM

4. Masm/Tasm question

5. Masm/Tasm questions

6. TASM to MASM conversion help needed!

7. MASM or TASM for DOS

8. nasm, tasm, masm, hla

9. MASM/TASM to NASM Converter?

10. translate code in TASM format to MASM format

11. TASM VS MASM

12. fatal error A1010 in masm, but not tasm