Programming TSR, help needed!!!
Author Message
 Programming TSR, help needed!!!

For the last few days I've been trying to write TSR which performs the
following,  after loading every minute or so dumps specified string from
fixed location in memory to a file on disk.  This seemed easy so I
started to work but then problems came.  I couldn't get it run It was
crashing every time it tried to write to disk.  (It intercepts INT 1Ch )

Then I noticed some time ago somebody in this group posted similar
question and answer was NO, you can't implement heavy tasks like DOS
interrupts in your timer handling routine.  It seems strange because I've

heard of some viruses intercepting clock interrupt and writing to disk.
If they do why my program can't? Can somebody help me solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.
By the way, idea supported by little piece of code would be appreciated
even more.

Sat, 16 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Programming TSR, help needed!!!
Yes, it can definately be done - too much to cover here though -
search the net for sample TSRs and/or see your local bookstore.

Quote:

>For the last few days I've been trying to write TSR which performs the
>following,  after loading every minute or so dumps specified string from
>fixed location in memory to a file on disk.  This seemed easy so I
>started to work but then problems came.  I couldn't get it run It was
>crashing every time it tried to write to disk.  (It intercepts INT 1Ch )

>Then I noticed some time ago somebody in this group posted similar
>question and answer was NO, you can't implement heavy tasks like DOS
>interrupts in your timer handling routine.  It seems strange because I've

>heard of some viruses intercepting clock interrupt and writing to disk.
>If they do why my program can't? Can somebody help me solve this issue?

>Thanks in advance.
>By the way, idea supported by little piece of code would be appreciated
>even more.

Thu, 21 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help Needed on a TSR program

2. TSR program help

3. TSR program help

4. Need help in TSR (assembly) calling C

5. need help with TSR progs

6. I need some help with this TSR

7. Need help with this TSR - m.asm (0/1)

8. Need help with this TSR - m.asm (1/1)

9. need help getting segment address in TSR

10. Need help writing a TSR Programm

11. Need help in TSR (80x86 asm) calling C

12. TSR: Need help decoding keystrokes