Low-level disk control
Author Message
 Low-level disk control

Quote:
> Does any one know where I can find a reference on directly programming
> the disk controller? (ie., bypassing interrupt 13) I ask because I need

It is easy - write the following: sector count, starting
sector on track, cylinder low byte, cylinder high byte,
0a0h+head(0..0fh)+drive(0/1)*10h to ports 1F2-1F6 (for
LBA use sector count, bytes 0..2 of logical sector number
(byte 0 is less significant), 0E0h+drive*10h+byte3), then
write command to port 1f7h (20h=read,30h=write), and wait
until status (port 1F7h) says "need buffer servicing",
then transfer data (read/write words from/to port 1f0h).
Status bits: 7-busy, 6-ready(operating), 5-write fault,
4-seek complete, 3-need buffer servicing, 2-read error
corrected, 1-index, 0-error. Normal status is 50h/52h.

Sat, 30 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access disk Low level ?!

2. Low level disk services - Usual newbie needs help type of message

3. Low-level disk read/write

4. Low level hard disk access

5. Low level hard disk programming

6. Code to Low-Level read/write to Floppy Disks

7. Low level disk access

8. Low level disk/file info from 32bit VC?

9. Floppy Disk Drive Low Level Programming Help!

10. Low level floppy disk stuff

11. Low-level disk i/o in DOS

12. Really Low Low Low Level Stuff.