Linkers
Author Message
 Linkers

Can someone advise me as to where I can find a PD/shareware linker? I
am starting (slowly) to learn assembly language programming, using A86
which seems very good, but now have a need to link in other .obj files
and am unable to do so.

Any advice / help greatly appreciated, follow up here or email.

Thanks in advance!

--
Ben Williams    (o_
                //\

Sat, 19 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Linkers

Quote:

> Can someone advise me as to where I can find a PD/shareware linker? I
> am starting (slowly) to learn assembly language programming, using A86
> which seems very good, but now have a need to link in other .obj files
> and am unable to do so.

Ben,

The public domain version of the Arrowsoft Assembler has a linker.  The
linker and assembler is available from the FreeDOS web site.
Assembler:
        http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/microc/arrowasm.zip
Linker:
        http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/microc/vallink.zip

Hope that this is of some help.

Ray
Ray Moon

http://www2.dgsys.com/~raymoon/moonware.html
Home of MoonWare Shareware and the x86 Assembly Language FAQ
Come steal my pages...   Well, not steal but come and see!

Mon, 21 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Linkers

: Can someone advise me as to where I can find a PD/shareware linker? I
: am starting (slowly) to learn assembly language programming, using A86
: which seems very good, but now have a need to link in other .obj files
: and am unable to do so.

You might be interested in Freelink, from the makers of Warplink.  Send

on how to get it.  BTW, the file name is FLINK250.ZIP

 "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of horus." [Iron Maiden - Powerslave]

Wed, 23 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Linkers

C> : Can someone advise me as to where I can find a PD/shareware linker? I

You can get VALARROW from SimTel (dir msdos/a{*filter*}il) - contains
PD assembler (MASM 3 compatible), linker, and editor.

C> : am starting (slowly) to learn assembly language programming, using A86

C> You might be interested in Freelink, from the makers of Warplink.  Send

I'm not sure if it works with A86 objects - are they compatible?

Fri, 25 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Linkers

** Ben Williams typed this about Linkers:
 BW> Can someone advise me as to where I can find a PD/shareware linker? I
 BW> am starting (slowly) to learn assembly language programming, using A86
 BW> which seems very good, but now have a need to link in other .obj files
 BW> and am unable to do so.

For my own purposes, I use MS-DOS's LINK.EXE.  The most current version
I have is v3.69.

                          --<In DOS I trust>--

Just came back from beautiful Pismo Beach with $200 less and a sunburn.

Sat, 26 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Turbo Linker emulating Microsoft Linker

2. Turbo Linker emulating Microsoft linker

3. Linker? Linker? Where?

4. Smalltalk Linker?

5. WarpLink linker to public domain

6. Multi Language Linker Problem