Question on reading sector buffer
Author Message
 Question on reading sector buffer

I was wondering if anyone has a code snippet that deals with the reading of a
drives sector buffer and if you do, would you please send it my way?  At the
present time I am issuing the drive identify command (0ECh) to port 01F7h but
am unable to read the sector buffer to access the returned data.

As always, thanks.

This request is personal and does not represent the company that I work for in
any way, shape, or form.  The basis of my request is to enhance my own
programming skills.

-- Michael --

Fri, 25 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Question on reading sector buffer

Quote:

> I was wondering if anyone has a code snippet that deals with the reading of
> drives sector buffer and if you do, would you please send it my way?  At the
> present time I am issuing the drive identify command (0ECh) to port 01F7h but
> am unable to read the sector buffer to access the returned data.

        mov     dx,1f0h
        mov     cx,100h
        lea     di,[buf]
        cld
        rep     insw

Before executing it make sure bit 3 on port 1f7 is set.

Sun, 27 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question on reading sector buffer

2. Reading floppy boot sector into buffer?

3. I need help on reading sectors using int 13 function 02h

4. Reading DOS Sectors in Forth

5. reading 256 byte sector floppies

6. problem reading kernel from boot sector

7. can't read complete sector of hdd

8. HDD boot sector read

9. Reading Sectors

10. Reading Sector of Diskette Problem!