Help!! Code for Determining Memory on A PC
Author Message
 Help!! Code for Determining Memory on A PC

Please Help.

Does any one out there have some code for determening the Amount of
Mempory in a PC. (XMS, EMS, Base ).

Not the amount of FREE memory but the Total amount.

I am writing a TSR and cannot find an easy way to determin the Total
Amount of memory installed in a PC.

Please Help I am fast going Bald !!!!!

Bill Burey

Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Help!! Code for Determining Memory on A PC

Quote:
>Please Help.

>Does any one out there have some code for determening the Amount of
>Mempory in a PC. (XMS, EMS, Base ).

>Not the amount of FREE memory but the Total amount.

>I am writing a TSR and cannot find an easy way to determin the Total
>Amount of memory installed in a PC.

>Please Help I am fast going Bald !!!!!

You can find the amount of base memory in kbytes stored as a word at
memory location 0040:0013h.  Hope this helps.

--
Steve Talbot

Mon, 21 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for code to determine memory usage

2. Help Re Routine to determine which hardware is attached to your PC

3. Help me for the code set IBM PC

4. Help porting code Vax->PC

5. determining if fp-1601 loses communication with PC

6. Determining memory needed

7. Determining minimum amt of memory needed.

8. Determining the amount of memory available with REXX...

9. Determining the amount of memory available with REXX.

10. Determining Memory Size

11. Determining Memory Size

12. Determine end of .COM-file in memory?