MS Security Update
Author Message
 MS Security Update

Hi peoples,

I got an email to my spam-trap which claims to be an MS security update.  It
has an attachment "q184992.exe" (152k) which both Norton AV and F-Prot say
is infected with w32/Gibe.B.  A few of the other names on the "To" list
looked familiar and I suspect they were harvested from this NG, so consider
yourselves warned.

regards,
-Brent
doomsday AT optusnet DOT com DOT au

Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:53:53 GMT
 MS Security Update

Quote:

> Hi peoples,

> I got an email to my spam-trap which claims to be an MS security update.  It
> has an attachment "q184992.exe" (152k) which both Norton AV and F-Prot say
> is infected with w32/Gibe.B.  A few of the other names on the "To" list
> looked familiar and I suspect they were harvested from this NG, so consider
> yourselves warned.

> regards,
> -Brent
> doomsday AT optusnet DOT com DOT au

Also, don't open any email that says it was from "* Internet Mail
Delivery *", as it is also the virus. In fact, be careful of any email
around 205...212k in size, as it is most likely the virus.

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 00:33:16 GMT

1. VRML and MS Java security

2. virus from ms-security website disabled Norton Antivirus

3. virus in security message purporting to be from MS

4. Announcing new security logic updates to gReg.

5. Toolset.zip updated / Wanted: sources about security

6. MoinMoin Release 0.7 - SECURITY UPDATE

7. MoinMoin Release 0.7 - SECURITY UPDATE

8. alleged latest security updates. VIRUS attached

9. Microsoft Internet Security Updates

10. 814078: Security Update (Microsoft Jscript version 5.1, Windows 98 and Windows N

11. VIRUS IN SECURITY UPDATE

12. Security Update