MACRO or PROC?
Author Message
 MACRO or PROC?

    I'm writing a TSR that monitors calls to functions that write to the
screen and traps them, processes them then does the write.  I'm implementing
my own char/string write functions and am wondering whether I should make
them macros or procedures.  Since the writes will be used for all screen
writes they can be used about 2000 times for a single screen so the
procedure overhead can add up.  On the other hand since it is a TSR macros
would make it too big.  Which one would be best? or is there a comprimise or
even a better way?
    Perhaps someone knows how to calculate how much overhead there would be
with procs?

Thanks

Alec Soroudi

Wed, 30 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. proc without stack frame OR macro instead of proc

2. NASM PROC macro

3. Macro v.s. Proc

4. proc vs. macro (x86)

5. NASM PROC macro

6. A macro involving two sub-macros - where the 2nd macro needs results from the first

7. TSR, proc near, proc far

8. PROC within a PROC DD override

9. i need my proc-1 to be the same as an existing proc-2

10. Ho do I invoke proc from within proc

11. proc in proc

12. calling a proc from proc