gnu assembler .type
Author Message
 gnu assembler .type

When I generate an assembly language source file from a
C main function, I get the two lines

        .globl    main

The .globl directive is straightforward.

But why is the .type directive so complicated? I assume that
it causes main to have the type function, but I can't find any
official documentation that states exactly what is going on.

I would greatly appreciate a pointer to the "official"
documentation that explains this.

Thanks,
Bob Plantz

Sat, 15 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. GNU Binary Utilities 2.5.1 released: now includes assembler (gas)

2. GNU-assembler Help!

3. How to porting GNU assembler

4. 68000 assembly codes and GNU assembler ...

5. GNU Binary Utilities 2.5.1 released: now includes assembler (gas)

6. instruction set to use with gnu assembler (as/gas)

7. Structures in GNU assembler

8. GNU assembler mnemonics (for i386)

9. GNU assembler symbols

10. Using the GNU as assembler

11. GNU Assembler?

12. real mode offsets using the GNU assembler!